“Good Dinner Option”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went to meet for a business dinner and liked what I had. I stuck with a spinach pizza which was given to me just the way I wanted. Service was good and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had lunch here on a busy weekend in Lawrence. While everyone else was enjoying the festival we ducked inside this quiet haven and had pizza on the balcony. Elegant, but not haughty, this jewel of a place allowed us to feel comfortable as we dined in "come as you are fashion." The service was excellent, the view was beautiful, the food was very good.. Save room for dessert or take some home with you. You won't want to miss it.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

had large cheese pizza & chicken/brocolli/alfredo over homemade penne....my homemade penne
meal was so good my partner ate almost half. Not to take away from their pizza, because it's very good...but, if I can get fresh pasta, I always go for it; especially in an italian restaurant.
We do day trips to N. Beach in Hampton & Plum Island and stop here on way back to Boston.
It's right off of 495....very spacious & very large bar..we always eat at the bar...have a good extensive "by the glass" selection of wine.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you want to eat while others smoke even cigars then plan an evening to smoke at Sal's.
Maybe they have decided not to follow the laws in Lawrence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I saw the waitress serving those patrons and nobody said anything to them. Our experience was disgusting.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Beautiful restaurant in the old mills on the river. Great ambiance-beautiful bars. Started with appetizers--gnocci and meatballs with a pomodoro sauce. Not bad--not great. Sauce was good but had several "grape tomatoes" --seemed out of place--sort of added later? Gnocci's had a 'metallic" taste. Meatballs are always a benchmark in rating an Italian restaurant. They were good--not great. Baked or fried...not cooked in the sauce, sauce added later.
Now the wait began...waiting for linguini and clam sauce and a short rib over polenta. 45 minutes! Gotten eaten alive by mosquitos! (outside table) My wife loved the clam sauce. My short rib over polenta was horrible--runny, tasteless, sent back.
This place could be great with a little tweaking.