“thumbs down”
Review of V's Doghouse - CLOSED

V's Doghouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went there for dinner one Thursday night and the service was slow, terrible, and on top of that, the food made me and my boyfriend feel lousy. This is NOT the place to go if you enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and healthy food. There are about 17 televisions in the smallest bar room ever. We stated for dancing but the DJ was just embarrassing, so we called it a night.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

read the previous review and have to agree with everything Eltee said...I was there for that party and what a scene....1 waitress/1 bartender for over 100 people..they knew we were coming there, go figure...2 hour wait for a turkey sandwich then they said there were out of turkey...pay for your food ahead of time and then someone else takes it as the waitress just leaves it next to the bar..with flies having a free lunch...1st impressions are sometimes lasting ones..I myself would never go back and this was something that I heard from many others.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A group of us had a party there in the back yard. That area is fenced in and has it's own bar out there as well as horsehoe pits, corn hole boards, and some other yard games. They have seeting out there in a covered but open air area near the bar as well as under some tents. A really great place to hang out and eat, drink and play with friends and family. The food was decent too. Our only issue really was with the service.
The bartender was pretty clueless and the rude waitress wasn't much help. There was a group of over 100 people out there while nearly all the indoor tables were empty yet there was only 1 waitress and 1 bartender to handle us all. I blame management for that but the way those two handled it was pretty poor. They lost track of orders, had no idea who ordered what and despite making people pay for meals upfront, they didn't care if people actually got the meals they ordered. When some of the mistakes were brought to their attention they replied rudely and were angry they had this many customers. A restaurant was angry they had too many paying customers! Yeah, there's a great business model.
Simply calling out the number on peoples receipts would have alleviated half the issues they were having!!! ...apparently that was too difficult to manage though and it's easier to just ask the nearest person at the bar if they wanted what was just brought out rather than find who actually ordered (and paid for it) an hour ago......because it took that long at least to for food to come out after being ordered.
Upon arriving, we were actually told to park at another business next door so that "people wouldn't think there were too many customers here". ??? Huh?! I'm sure the Arizona Pizza was really appreciative of their lot being filled by people that were eating and drinking at the business next door!
Seriously, if it hadn't been for the all around failure of customer service by the employees here, this place would get 5 star ratings for sure. Unfortunately you only get to make one first impression and many in our group were angry enough about the service that they said they'd never come back here.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

If you remember old-time roadside hot dog stands then you may end up liking this place. They have an indoor bar, an outdoor party area (at least every time I've been there there has been a private event going on in back) and a couple of picnic tables out in front of the walk-up window. And it is the wooden front with the counter sticking out that brings back memories. Their menu is a little more modern offering a wide variety of styles of hot dogs and burgers with different names (as well as fish, etc.) Great place to go with kids or just for a trip down memory lane!

Reviewed March 28, 2010

We found V's online while looking for a Berkshire area place that had "Buzztime Trivia" game available. We enjoy playing this nationwide electronic trivia game when we travel, and seek places that have it.

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised when we found a comfortable, cozy and friendly place ... sort of a pub/restaurant setting. We went during the spring wet/cold season so we dined inside, but they have a great outdoor seating area as well, in the back, away from the road. We'll stop again in the warmer weather for sure.

We went back a couple of times, trying different hot dogs from a long list. The menu included other items as well, including some good looking burgers. My wife had a wonderful home made soup she loved.

I enjoyed the long dogs, trying two different kinds ... and the second trip ordered what became my favorite (so far) ... a dog with sauteed hot peppers and onions with spicy brown mustard, yum!

1  Thank paul621