“Something for Everyone”

Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We were here with our daughter and three of our grandsons. The wait is always long, but on a weekend in a resort town you will have to wait anywhere you go! The younger guys are always happy with chicken and fries, not a problem. I always love the French onion soup, very hardy with a tremendous amount of melted cheese. That and the salad, bar are plenty. Portions are very large, so you can finish your meal at lunch the next day, so that makes it a really good deal. My husband and daughter both love the scallops. It is a good menu with a wide range of offerings, which makes it ideal for a multi generational dining experience.

1  Thank Grandma6Boys

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This place is a gem and a must visit if you're in the area. Upon walking in the bar was to the left, dining room to the right. We were greeted and sat right away. The walls are covered in pieces of old beer and liquor crates, and the ceilings covered in beer coasters. Brick and wood walls and floors make for a really comfortable atmosphere.

The specials, wine and beer list were in a binder. Literally in a binder because their beer menu is pages long. I tried the Steel Rail Pale Ale from Berkshire Brewing Company because when in Rome...

aAnyway it was a 22 oz. for $7.50 and it was awesome.

We all started off with appetizers. The wings are award winning (there are plaques all over the wall) and my family loved them. We also started with a shrimp appetizer, and butternut squash quesadillas... so good. A few of us got the salad bar which was crisp and fresh.. one of the nicest salad bars I've seen. Though small in options all of the vegetables are quality. I was sad to see they didn't have bleu cheese dressing... probably better off though! I used the Russian and it was great.

I got the portobello mushroom 'burger' for my meal. It came with fries and a pickle and it was enormous! Great option for vegetarians, so hearty and filling and for a really great price - I think it was about 8 bucks. Everyone I was with thoroughly enjoyed their meals as well. We took a lot of leftovers home because we did order a lot of food. The best part: for 4 dinner entrees, 1 salad bar, 3 appetizers, 3 beers and 2 glasses of wine the bill was just $111.00! Such a great deal.. I was shocked the price was so low.

One of the coolest parts while we ate we heard what I believe was a noise maker... it sounded like coins in a can that the bartender was shaking. Our server said they have a beer club and the goal is to try a different beer every time you come it - when you have your 50th beer within one years time they shake the noisemaker and everyone claps. Twice while we were there someone had their 50th beer which was pretty neat. I wonder how many people have done it! If you're new to the area, or attending the nearby college, I'd check out this club. Such a great place to try new craft and rare beers to find out what you like and don't like.

The food, service, quality, all of it was excellent. Fast, friendly, and fun.

Note: they don't take reservations.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This place was so good we ate here twice. The wings are fantastic, the beer selection comprehensive, and even the fish and chips delightful. A great place to go for an apres ski lunch.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The best beer selection I have seen in a restaurant. The food was good. Service was slow. Salad bar had little to offer but its nice to be able to make your own salad, The fresh warm bread was mouthwatering.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Would DEFINITELY go back to Jiminy Peak just to go back to this restaurant again! Food was delicious not to mention the beer menu was more like the Webster's Dictionary!