“Beware of booking a late day party.”
Review of Pump n' Jump

Pump n' Jump
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Kingston
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Beware of booking a party late in the day.

PROS - The kids have a lot of fun in a large, open space with fun inflatables and games. It's a good space to take the kids for an afternoon of indoor recreation.

CONS - Having a birthday party here can add undue complexity to a time of just having fun with your children. Multiple parties booked back to back overwhelm the system and can create a loss of attentiveness to your particular party. And from what I have observed, there are no staff stationed in the play space to monitor the children (at the Taunton location). With a large party, it's almost impossible to know what all the children are doing at once.

I booked a party late in the day, thinking most parties would have come and gone earlier. However, a late day booking ended up leaving us with a staff who was less than attentive at times, in part due to a schedule of non-stop parties preceding ours. When we arrived (5 minutes early) we were told the party before ours was just ending, and the room was still being cleaned and prepared for our party. I was okay with that, though a little surprised more time had not been left in between parties. We walked past all the other rooms which were full of festive celebrations and decorations, and got to our room which was empty and still messy from the party before. Again, I was okay with that to a certain extent. But 40 minutes later, the room did not look much different. Cleaning bottles were still on the tables, there were not enough chairs for the birthday tables. There were no chairs for the adults, as they were all being used by parties which began before ours. There were no balloons. We had not been provided with the water bottles and game cards. My husband began paying for the kids to get game cards and drinks. Our guests had come in from various entrances and were not informed about signing-in. Thus, when our supplies arrived, they were not enough due to the party count at the front desk being off. It took awhile to straighten that out. I missed quite a bit of my child's birthday party due to worrying about logistics that were supposed to be handled by a party host who disappeared for 10-15 minutes at a time. It was not until I complained to the manager that things changed. But, by that time a lot of the play time had gone by and I was not able to enjoy it with my children and their guests. A young woman at the front desk was the only staff who apologized for the way things were going/not going. If I had to do it again, if I chose to go back, I would probably book a party earlier in the day before the resources of staff energy and attentiveness get drained. Or I might just have pizza and cake at home and then take the children to play, without the worry of what could prove to be a logistical train wreck of too many parties happening at once.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

After reading other reviews I do have to agree, Pump n Jump is run very poorly. They don't have professional, mature staff or management and that is unfortunate BUT (and this is a HUGE but), THE KIDS LOVE IT and isn't that what it is all about? If kids are getting hurt this is not on the staff at Pump n Jump this is on the parents. The staff there are hardly adults themselves and they are not meant to babysit your kids so you can hang out with the other moms, they are there to keep the party moving along. Don't get me wrong, I am in FULL agreement that the parties are run very poorly, it is a rip off (one slice of pizza and a mini water bottle hardly cuts it for growing boys) and customer service is in the toilet but the bottom line for me is that my kids (10 and 7) both absolutely love Pump n Jump (Kingston) and it is because of that that I will continue to have their parties there if that is where they want them because their birthday is about THEM not about me relaxing. And to the woman who's credit card was overcharged - that also happened to me (it was a pain in the neck but they did end up sending me a $50 check for the overcharge quite quickly), so again, yup the place is so poorly run ABSOLUTELY but it's not my birthday it's my child's which means it doesn't matter what I think so much if they are having a blast and I have never had a party goer of either of my children not be thrilled to find out the party was at Pump n Jump!

2  Thank laurie s
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went with my 2 daughters age 6 and 8. They ha a decent time on the bouncy houses. That is essentially all they have for activities. Not a ton of different stuff but they were happy. The arcade was a disappointment with many of the machines off and many others charging you a credit but not working. Also instead of tickets for points, the points go on your card, this seemed to only work sporadically. there was no one manning the point redemption. It looks like they are undergoing reservations. There were birthday parties, but it looks like all you get is a table partitioned off by some temporary walls. As far as i could tell the kids just run around, no instruction. There are two sections 6 and under and bigger kids. There are height restrictions for the bigger kids but the staff was not enforcing it at all. My daughters birthday is coming up(9) and she decided this was not the place to have a party

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have gone to the Taunton Location many times. I have 2 children, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I would advise that since the staff is not there to watch your children, that parents that choose to go there are prepared to monitor their children closely. My kids have a great time. At first my 2 year old would go to the larger bouncy houses, and would get stuck because he was not coordinated enough at that time, but other kids were very nice and many times they would help him. That really impressed me. We spend hours there, and if you keep the receipt you can go to the jumping area in the mall you can get a discount. It is a lot of fun, and i love that there is a lot of space to run, and it is padded. This way children not only bounce around, but they can really get their energy out by running and playing on a safe padded area.
One word of caution, as the door is very large and children can easily make a run for it, parents need to be diligent. If your kid is a runner you need to be close to them and keep them in your sights. It is not really a place for people who like to sit and watch the kids play. It is great though for the parents who do not mind getting out there and playing with their kids. I have noticed it is great for dads and their kids. Parents can run around and play with the kids (dont go in the bouncy houses though). My family really enjoys it.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Awful service, overpriced, staff is not attentive and does not keep party organized whatsoever
I had a party at the one in Taunton ma and was very unhappy. Even the guests parents commented on how they were overpriced and staff was non caring. Manager there was also rude and had an attitude. People like this should not be working in a place for children.

1  Thank Jandrade65