“A great birthday dinner”

Solstice Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Italian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in a restored 1900's train depot. Exposed brick and Original artwork highlight an elegant yet comfortable atmosphere.
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“A great birthday dinner”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Solstice on a Saturday night for my birthday. We went late, around 8:30, and we were seated immediately. We just wanted some apps and some wine as we had had a late lunch. We ordered oysters which were very fresh and came with some excellent sauces. We then had the seafood campeche app. It was phenomenal! Everything was fresh...shrimp, lobster, scallops, guacamole chopped up in a tasty salsa-like dish. There were homemade chips to scoop it up with.
We also ordered the chicken Thai lettuce cups. Exceptional! The peanut sauce really made the dish.
We topped it all off with one of the best deserts I have ever had...Chocolate molten cake. This was a chocolate cake with a hot chocolate center. It was topped with homemade Carmel ice cream. The mix of the hot and the cold, the chocolate with the caramel...unbelievable!
The service was great and the wine list was very good.
We will definitely recommend Solstice to anyone looking for a place to have a romantic or a special dinner.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Kentrosi

“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I can understand why Solstice tops the list in Kingston. We finally got there and were more than pleased. Old train stations are always charming especially when trains come roaring by occasionally, but the food is what really delighted us. We both had fish: the wild salmon and the cod special. Each was moist and beautifully prepared. Our waiter pointed out that the bacon wrapped around the cod had been smoked at the restaurant. Normally I find bacon overkill in a dish, but this added just the right amount of flavor to the dish. The meat dishes that came to other tables looked equally tantalizing so we may try something land-based next time. However, it'll be really tempting to order a fish dish the next time we visit.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank roxieontheroad
San Luis Obispo, California
“Hand made Lobster Ravioli:)”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I always stop at Solstice when visiting my sister who lives in Kingston Ma.
The food is exceptional as well as the service & ambiance .
Tucked away behind the railroad tracks don't miss this special place!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cecelia K
Marshfield
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We ate here recently, after too long of a time away. The drinks are excellent and the service is top rate. My wife had the tenderloin carpaccio and a pizza of the day which had sausages, asparagus and caramelized onions. I had 1/2 dozen oysters and a fantastic burger - cooked perfectly. We ate at the bar, but on previous visits have eaten in the dining room with full entrees. The food is always great !

• Visited May 2014
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Solstice has consistently excellent quality and an unrivaled menu for the area. I've ordered filet, scallops, and chicken in the past, all of which has been as good as the next. I highly recommend Solstice for a nice night out.

• Visited March 2014