“The breakfast is wonderful and so is the hospitality. We loved the charm of the home and town”

Rogers and Brown House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Definitely a great place to stay. Can't go wrong with this b&b! The owners always make sure u have everything u need. The breakfast will not disappoint. And we stayed in the room w fireplace. It was perfect to fall asleep to a beautiful fire ea night.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a terrific B&B on the edge of Ipswich, MA. The breakfasts were truly gourmet, and the hosts very accommodating. We stayed 2 weekend nights, and would certainly return. It is a short 15min walk to town, with enough good eating places to choose from. The room was comfortable and the location very quiet. The only caution would be the steep stairway to the rooms - typical of an older house.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I had a wedding to attend at the Crane Estate on June 30 and although the guests were staying in Newburyport we wanted to stay in Ipswich because we love Crane's beach and wanted to take advantage of it before the wedding. I knew we were going to have a great stay when I spoke to Frank the innkeeper and owner of the Bed and Breakfast the night before our visit and he told me that he would drive us to the wedding! Not only did Frank drive us to the wedding (and wait in the car as I fixed my hair a few extra minutes) but he also drove us to the beach when the lot was full. The house is adorable, truly a quintessential historic New England home. The decor inside and out is beautiful and done with such thoughtfulness. Our room which is the smallest of the rooms was just perfect. Cozy, clean and comfortable. Frank and Joanne were wonderful hosts. Frank prepares a great breakfast and Joanne shares her amazing art work. We would go back ANYTIME and recommend this place to anyone...and I'm pretty picky about where I stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank macdonec
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Rogers and Brown House is an historic home that is lovely and well appointed. The room I was in was comfortable and cozy. The common rooms are welcoming, unlike some B&B's where I'd feel uncomfortable using them. The breakfast was amazing with fresh fruit, great coffee and a delicious, and different entree each day. The innkeepers Frank and Johanne could not have been friendlier. They shared the history of the house and the town when asked. Johanne is a talented folk artist and her work can be enjoyed throughout the house. Her studio and gallery are in the barn just a few steps from the house. There is also a lovely English Garden. Oh....almost forgot to mention that it is very fairly priced.

Room Tip: I saw all of the available rooms and they all seemed charing. The King & Queen rooms are quite b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kgreenf2
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Christmas Eve And Christmas Day while spending the holidays with relatives. While we did not stay there throughout the day or evenings, we enjoyed the inn and the room. We had a working fireplace which made it very cozy for bundling under the wonderfully soft linens and cuddling while we read. We booked late, so the larger rooms were already taken, so we only had a queen bed, but it worked. The only negative was that our shower (it was a great rainforest type shower) was down a staircase and off of the kitchen. It was private, but not ensuite.

The hosts are both friendly, welcoming and talented folk artists. The breakfast was delicious...with fruit, bakery and entree.

We would gladly return. It is off the main street and somewhat noisy for light sleepers. Get a room in the back if that is an issue.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had rather given up on staying in B&B's; many of them it just seemed like you were staying in someone's house and infringing on their personal space, or sometimes the owners were just a little too lonely.

If I knew all B&B's were like Rogers and Brown, I would stay in them all the time. Ipswich is a great, very interesting village; and the B&B was easy to find - right off the main road. It was still extremely quiet though - we had a house right by the road, but I didn't hear anything all night, and I am a very light sleeper.

The owner, Frank, greeted us when we walked in. He showed us to our room, which was really beautiful - the house is filled with works of art that his wife has painted herself and are interesting; and it's also filled with very nice antiques that they've collected throughout the years. The bed was extremely comfortable to sleep in, and I even have a bad back. He answered any questions we had, and then left us alone. They were very amenable - said breakfast was 8:30 but then asked if that was okay, as it could be adjusted if necessary. Breakfast was fantastic too.

If the house was full it may be different, as our bathroom would have been downstairs... but it would have still been a private bathroom. The house is very interesting in and of itself - comprised of 3-17th century houses all mashed together. The owners spent 7 years rennovating it before opening the B&B.

There's lots to do in the area - we went to see Crane Castle, which I never even knew about before we went there (the owner gave us lots of tips on things to see when asked).

Really great experience, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the blue and white room in the top floor of the house. Loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank female_wanderer
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We loved staying at Rogers & Brown Bed and Breakfast earlier this month. It made our first visit to Ipswich to explore family history even a more memorable one.. Frank and Johanne's hospitality was superb and they helped us feel very comfortable and "at home." Breakfast was excellent in their beautiful dining room and the living room was cozy to sit in and talk. This home is close to the center of town. The Federal Queen Bedroom was large and comfy but I think we'd get the King Room (or the smaller queen room) next time to have a shower in our bedroom. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Blue - Inn on the Beach
Blue - Inn on the Beach
#1 of 1 in Plum Island
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
Arbor Inn Motel
Arbor Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Ipswich

Been to Rogers and Brown House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!