“Best $15 I've spent in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crane Beach

Crane Beach
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Ipswich
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the Northeast's most spectacular beach and follow trails and boardwalks through a landscape of sand dunes and salt marsh.
Wilmington Island, Georgia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Best $15 I've spent in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Selected this beach based on TripAdvisor reviews and I am thrilled I did. We went on a Monday so the admission price was only $15. Plenty of parking, plenty of space on the beach, they have changing facilities and a nice snack bar, etc. Getting to Ipswich on back roads and police traps was a pain, but well worth getting to our destination. The water was COLD in late June. I like cold ocean water...this was REALLY cold water. We will be coming back!

1 Thank BrettLoehr

• Korean first
East Brunswick
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Nice Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were there on Labor day weekend. It was very crowded but this beach is very, very long. Don't worry, you'll find a spot to lay your umbrella. The sand and water is clean. Well equipped with bathroom, changing room, shower to wash your feet. Food stand and bbq grill sell wraps, burgers, hot dogs and drinks. It's very different from Wingaersheek beach which I would highly recommend. Less crowded and best to visit at low tide.

Visited September 2012
Marblehead, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Crane's Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Beautiful beach, but visit before the Greenhead flies arrive in late summer. Nice bathrooms and changing areas.

1 Thank k1ptravel
Worcester, Massachusetts
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Vamos a la Playa !! Ohh oh oo ooohhoo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice beach, though with 25$ per car at the weekend little pricy. Lots of parking space, showers, restroom, food & beverage can be purchased at moderate prices. The beach is kept clean, it is very long, so even on crowdy days just walk a little further to get your own more quiet spot. Don't forget sun umbrellas. Definitely good place for kids, there are life guards on duty. Have fun!!

1 Thank KKBuddy
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Clean and beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The beach is clean and beautiful. For June 1st the water was surprisingly warm. Someone had told me that there are "many" green flies but I only saw a few. Perhaps they appear later in the season. I've visited many beaches and this ranks amongst the best. The only criticism I have is that the parking lot fills up quickly and there is poor communication between the police and the people who run the lots. The police detour traffic away from the lots and could not provide any estimates as to when they would allow additional people to access the road toward the lots. When I explained this was my third attempt the policeman agreed to allow me to access the road and try to find a spot in the lot. When I arrived at the parking lot there were ample spaces. So, it was confusing to me that the police were detouring traffic and had signs set up indicating "lot is full". When I left there were ample spaces as well however as I passed the police they were still detouring traffic and still had "lot is full" signs posted. Otherwise beautiful place!!! Great views, really and truly enjoyed it. I thank the officer for letting me through (I don't live in the area and probably would never have had the opportunity to see the beach) however I felt bad for the people who parked their cars miles away and walked.