“Good hamburgers.”

Choate Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice little local pub. I had a burger and it was really good. Service was good and it seems like a nice little place. There was a large TV for sports viewing, or you could sit near the windows and view the downtown area. Average prices, paid about $10 for hamburger with fries.

There are newer reviews for Choate Bridge Restaurant

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were staying in a bed and breakfast in Ipswich and the owner recommended going in to the pub for lobster rolls and fried clams for dinner.

Taking the advice we went on down (drove down since it was raining) and settled into a table across from the bar. As was recommended we get an order of fried clams to start and then each order a lobster rolls for dinner.

The fried clams were so good that even my daughter was wolfing them down (after saying that she did not like clams!). Once we polished off the clams the lobster rolls arrived. Very nice and packed with lobster meat!

The bar area has that pub feeling, which my daughter really learned to like while we were in England a couple of years ago for a vacation. It was a football night, so the place was full of locals and had a great feeling to it.

They have a very nice selection of beers (which I liked) as well as some nice wines (that my wife liked). If we had had more time in the area I am sure that we would have gone back (next time).

If you are in the area I would highly recommend going in. It is definitely worth the visit, and I don't think you could beat the price.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We've been going to the Choate Bridge Pub for a number of years and it just keeps getting better. This last visit I had the lobster roll, it was very good, my brother-in-law had a piece of prime rib that was enormous and so tender you could cut it with a fork, my wife and my brother-in-law's girl friend had the baked haddock and said it was some of the best they have had. These were all off of the daily specials which I would recommend taking advantage of. About the only down side to the Choate Bridge is the small booths, overall it's not a very large place and things are very cramped.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were told by someone 20 minutes away that Choate Bridge had the best lobster roll they had ever tasted and was worth the drive. Now we were on Plum Island where they have excellent (we thought) lobster roll. Worth it?...worth the drive?...oh yes..it was, by far the best lobster roll we had ever tasted....all lobster, no fillers...outstanding..it came with either french fries, cole slaw or homemade onion rings...get the onion rings....truly homemade (I hate it when a restaurant says the rings are homemade and they're obviously not)..in short, the lobster roll is worth the trip...from anywhere...btw it is cash only

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Local watering hole with good food. Seafood is very good (fried scallops, clams, fish & chips). Great burgers. Prime rib on Saturdays is huge and good. A fun casual place to eat and have a cold beer.

Been to Choate Bridge Restaurant? Share your experiences!