“Avoid this shabby hotel”
Review of Cape Cod Inn

Cape Cod Inn
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed there with my wife for 2 horrible nights. The outside was really run down. The railing on the stairs to the second floor was so rusty, I was afraid they would collapse. There was a thunderstorm the second night and water came poring in the bathroom fan. The manager thought I was lying as they claimed there were no other complaints. The deadbolt on the door did not latch. I asked the manager to fix it. They looked at it, but were not able to fix it. The worst thing were the people next door. They decided to have an all night party on both nights we were there. I called several times to the front desk to complain during both nights. The first night they got them to move from in front of our window to their own window, but they could not get them to stop the loud talking. The second morning the manager assured me that the problem would be solved. The second night was more noisy than the first. I called the front desk three times to no avail. They would not do anything for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Didn't have luxury to research much before making reservations in Hyannis; had to book fast. Well, this one was a disappointment. To sum it up, hotel is run down, and although owners seem to want to bring it up to par, it's just too little too late, in my opinion.

Didn't find staff to be very welcoming. Free Wi-Fi was terrible: kept stopping to pass packets for many minutes at a time, kept having to reconnect, etc. Lots of mold between tub and shower tiles (no caulk!). Plaster patches missing on ceiling. Electrical box sticking out of wall. Outside stairs eaten up by rust. We were 4 throughout our stay, but still ended up with only 2 sets of towels on 3 out of the 4 days we were there, despite us telling the guy in the front office. Bathroom fan cover was cracked up and filled with dust. Recent renovations were poorly executed, e.g. bathroom tile floor grout breaking up and some tiles moving when walked on, door frames like half an inch away from wall, door to outside not properly sealed, etc. Beds were too soft to our taste. Free breakfast was also disappointing: no fruit at all, bad coffee, all plastic and styrofoam (i.e. use once and throw away) utensils and containers. Hotel's pub & grill, where breakfast was served, was actually fairly sinister in the morning during the weekend, as no employees were bustling about and most of it wasn't even lit. Smelled like an old tavern. That said, they were cleaning up on the Monday morning, and it made a world of difference. Had to get a new set of key cards on day 3 because initial set stopped working.

More affordable than other Hyannis hotels. Room was run down but fairly clean. Very conveniently located right on Main St. Plenty of restaurants and shops and bars nearby, as well as a 7Eleven. Had room 22, which had more windows since it's leftmost room on 2nd level. However, right outside one window is the trash dumpster; I imagine it could get smelly on hot days. Also, garbage collection truck came twice at like 6:30AM to empty bin, and it was sure noisy. AC unit seemed brand new and worked fine, quiet too. Maybe we were lucky, but we didn't hear neighbours at all. Free parking, although I don't know what they suggest if you arrive and lot is already full. Maid we got on second day actually took initiative of cleaning away shower mold, which helped a lot. Bathroom ceiling fan worked, and we could crack open bathroom window for fresh air. Good shower head, good water pressure, never ran out of hot water for 4 people in 4 days.

Next time I'm in Hyannis, I'm sorry to say I'll surely try another hotel before booking this one again.

Room Tip: Try to get 2nd level so you don't hear people above you, and so you're farther from party pe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is located right in the middle of everything on Main St. It's a quick walk to many restaurants, bars and the JFK Museum as well as about a 10 minute walk to the ferries. We stayed on the second floor (there is no elevator) and was pleasantly surprised by the room. It was a fairly big room with a refrigerator, TV, iron and ironing board. The beds were extremely comfortable save for the headboard coming off rather easily on one of the beds! The bathroom was a little on the small side with limited counter space but overall not a bad space. The water pressure was great in the shower. It can be a little noisy (noise from the street b/c of location on the block) but this did not bother us much. Breakfast was from 8 to 10 every morning and included make your own waffles, cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, pastries and danishes, juice, coffee and tea. The staff was pleasant and quickly fixed our keys when we had a problem opening our door one night. Overall, I would recommend the Cape Cod Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather C
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Inn for one night only in July of this year. As we wanted to stay in Hyannis this was the most reasonably priced motel and the location is excellent. As it wasn't too expensive compared to other places in Hyannis I was expecting the worst but have to stay was surprised. We stayed on the second floor and the room had everything we needed from iron, ironing board, TV, plenty of towels, big bed, even leaflets and map of the town. Apart from checking in and checking out didn't see much of any staff but thankfully didn't need too. Located right smack bang in the middle of the main street within everything in walking distance, ferry port about 10 mins walk and bus station roughly the same. Loads of bars, restaurants and shops on the main street. Lovely walk up to JFK Memorial Park past the ferry port. Duck Inn Pub nice to have a couple of drinks in to finish off the nite. Didn't see any pool but as we were only there for one day/night didn't have time for a swim! Continental breakfast exactly that situation in the Duck Inn Pub but sufficient enough. Walked the whole area and have to stay even though there are loads of hotels situated around the place while this one is basic it is perfect as after all if you are in Hyannis there is loads to do and see and you will only be in the room to sleep! Very clean and sufficient toiletries but room would benefit with having a safe!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Upon arrival I had the opinion that the room was going to be just OK and I was surprised to find the room clean and newly renovated. We stayed on the second floor (by request) and our room was quiet. The bathroom is a bit small with little vanity space but it too was clean and updated. Maid service is a bit lacking – they missed cleaning our room. Went to front desk and asked for fresh towels and coffee. The staff was accommodating. The room air conditioner worked too well and with 98 degree temperatures during our stay it was welcome. Continental breakfast was good: bagels, toast, waffles, muffins, coffee. The hotel’s location is a major plus. Shops, restaurants, bars/pubs are right outside your door. The ferry and waterfront is a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. The front desk staff suggested a few good beaches in the area and when we asked about going to P-Town for the day they made great suggestions regarding travel times to avoid the traffic leaving Cape Cod on Sunday. Overall, we would stay here again. Clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and location, location, location. Park your car and walk.

Room Tip: Upstairs room was quiet.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is great. Incredibly cheap coming from 3 nights at Manhattan prices.
The Cape Cod Inn is really easy to find, heaps of free parking available, right on the Main St in Hyannis, walking distance to most places in the centre.

The staff were friendly, not over enthusiastic but good enough.
The room was great, big comfortable bed for the 2 of us and nice clean, modern bathroom.
The air conditioning was fantastic, very modern and quiet enough to leave on at night.
Breakfast was basic but adequate for an inclusive rate.

We didn't use the pool here but our room looked out over it. Not the most inviting area I've ever seen so could probably do with some love, but like I said, we didn't use it so can't really judge.

Overall a good place to stay, would definitely consider staying here again if I ever get back to the Cape.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place to stay for a weekend getaway with the girls! My Girlfriends and I come every year. The rooms are newly renovated. The staff is friendly and everything is clean, though this time the bathroom smelled a little musty. If you open the window to air it out a little, it helps a lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends