“Stay away” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Portaferry, United Kingdom
“Stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I visited the Cape Cod Inn for a pre booked visit for tue 11th June 2013 for 3 nights. I had read several bad reviews on this property before I booked, but thought it surely cant be that bad. Boy was I wrong. We arrived a day early and took a chance that they would have a room for the extra early night so booked and paid there as well as offering to pay for our next three nights but that was refused. The property was average enough but clean and after all it was a bed for the night. The next morning we breakfasted and felt that we were being watched as to how much we ate. We spoke with the owner a man with very little English of Asian origin and explained that our television was not working, he promptly visited the room and fixed said tv but reminded me that I must now pay for the next three nights. My wife and I readied ourselves to go out and explore the Island for the day and headed to the office which was locked we sat for about ten minutes but decided to head on as the day was getting on. On our return to the Inn that night it was raining very heavily so we headed straight for the room, my wife tried her key and found it not working as did I. Oh dear someone just lit a fuse. I headed to the office to find nobody there again but there was a notice to ring a bell which I did standing there getting very wet. The female owner arrived and tried to make excuses that the key was only for one night knowing fine well we had booked for a further 3 nights. I was required to suggest strongly that she open the door very quickly or further action would be necessary which she eventually did especially when I requested she call the police which I did several times and there seemed to be some fear of for some reason. We ended up paying cash for the room for the night not giving credit or debit card details. We left the next morning having already booked another establishment 5 mins away for a third of the price. My advice is DO NOT USE THIS establishment or if you do be very careful.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jimmcr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was an absolute nice stay, I was pleasantly surprised. The stayed in the King room,no #15 , it was very clean, every inch and every corner! The room was non-smoking and the bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was emaculate and pristine, I found no fault with it. The tvs are not flat screen, but they work and also they have cable tv, I was able to watch the BRUINs game comfortably. However , I never figured out their Wi-fi, although they gave a no# . I was never able to connect my IPad that night. Feel free to try this gem on Main Street and I hope your stay was as nice a mine . Btw , there is free breakfast 8-10am , and did I mention they have a bar in front of the hotel,,,how convenient!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Plainville, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The outside of the Cape Cod Inn looks dumpy and unpromising, but the rooms were updated, very clean, and included a refrigerator(which is important and many expensive hotels don't have them!). You can't beat the location and the price was very reasonable. I would return.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Staff is friendly and rooms were clean. Location is great. Worth the price we paid for it. Our bathroom looked like it was recently renovated and the room had a new A/C and a small fridge. We stayed two nights here and enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We chose this inn because it looked quaint and it was. As we were touring it was great to be able to park right next to our room. The room was spacious, comfortable and quite. The pub was very local and friendly, so we really enjoyed having a drink there. The inn is located in the centre of the town so everything was very convenient. We were able to walk a short distance to the main ferry terminal to the islands and we went to Marthas Vinvard (about 40 min). This Inn we highly recommend.

Room Tip: All seem to be similar, choose the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MORREY
Barrington, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'll be real here, it's not an "inn" it's more like a motel. Exterior entrances to the rooms and two levels of lodging all surrounding the parking lot.

BUT!! It's a really lovely motel, surrounded by the tons of shops, restaurants and attractions that Main St. Hyannis has to offer. The price is decent, the rooms were clean and well maintained. The bathroom fixtures appeared to be brand spankin' new.
The TV was a little outdated and the coffee maker was your standard issue sub-par quality but you do get a decent size mini fridge for storing leftovers.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend the Cape Cod Inn and will most likely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: The Double Queen room is worth the upgrade for the extra space. Ground level rooms are good because...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jaclyn P
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hotel is in the perfect location. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Clean rooms, need a little updating. Pool size was perfect, area could use a little sprucing up. Couldn't have chosen a better place for the price. Definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family