“Like staying at your favourite Aunties!”
Review of SeaCoast Inn

SeaCoast Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Imagine staying at a place where you feel immediately at home, where questions about anything you want to know are answered with genuine interest and incredibly detailed local knowledge. A place where you feel safe and comfortable, but right in the centre of it all…. Don’t imagine… stay at the Seacoast Inn!

If you’re touring the Cape, visiting Martha’s Vineyard and/or Nantucket then this makes the perfect (and very affordable) base camp.

I’m sure you’ll read other reviews and I don’t want to repeat what others have said except to say – it’s true! We stayed four nights of a 17 day East Coast road trip from New Hampshire to Georgia and I can honestly say Seacoast was the best.

Al and Terri deserve all the recognition they get on Trip – they are an amazing team. Go, you’ll see what I mean.

Room Tip: We loved our room overlooking the Park...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HolidayManiacsUK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I can only iterate what has already been said by other reviewers.
Terri and Al made me feel like a guest in their home and what would have been a routine business trip turned into a mini-vacation.
Thank you and I will be returning there in September!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The only problem with being number one is that there's only one place to move to! But Sea Coast is not at any risk of complacency. (I feel bad about even putting the words "Sea Coast" and "complacency" in the same sentence!) Al and Terri are the absolute opposite of that.
It's difficult to think of a compliment that hasn't already been paid many times over. They're all fully justified.
We had a lovely room furthest away from the entrance which has a great view over the public park at the back. There are sounds of activity from time to time from the park and bandstand which can be good or not depending on your tastes.
The facilities in the laundry/ice/equipment room are excellent. If I try really hard to think of an improvement it would be to add fruit salad and yogurt at breakfast.
As many others have said, the "icing on the cake" of this great hotel is the attitude of Terri and Al. Nothing is too much trouble and, as always, it's the people who make the big difference.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephenWard
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The reception and friendliness of the Innkeepers Terri and Al was outstanding .Rooms spacious wellequipped and very clean .Location perfect for harbour and Main St and only 3/4 mile walk to a
very good beach;.did not have car and did'nt need despite our 81yrs
We spent 4nights there and swam in the sea every day .It concluded 19 days travel in the US- a perfect place to finish a memorial holiday.

Harry &Jean
NWales

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I don't know what I can say that other reviewers haven't already - but I feel compelled to echo their sentiments anyway. The rooms are kind of simple, but at the same time, they were clean and really honestly huge rooms. The kitchenette and living area give the rooms more of a suite feel. The location is also probably the best in Hyannis - in the middle of the ferry location and the Main Street area. Most importantly - the owners! You can tell they just genuinely love owning that hotel, working there, and helping you. Upon our arrival, they were ready with a million tips for us, and they always remembered the next day to follow up with us (and remembered where we went). They even offered to do our laundry for us! We didn't take them up on that, but it was a sweet sweet offer. Probably my favorite part was the room with free everything - laundry (and detergent), tons of beach chairs, ice, and coolers. Also, breakfast was really good - they had fresh Dunkin Donuts every morning! For the price you stay here, I don't think there could possibly be a better place to stay. I wish there was one in every city!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lori W
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Terry and Al should not be working in the tourism industry, they should be TEACHING tourism and hospitality. Nothing too much trouble, above and beyond each and every day. Tourist information, beach gear, food for the next part of our trip, tea and biscuits on arrival...the list is endless of what they did to make our stay so very pleasant and enjoyable. The rooms were immaculately clean, the location fine just a stroll to the harbor and to main street. They do not price gouge rates are the same weekdays and weekends. No extras for parking etc. don't bother looking anywhere else, book with Terri and see what I mean. Give the puppies a pat too, they are gorgeous.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent. Beds are very comfortable. Immaculately clean and well presented. No road n...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OzRobBris
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I know I'm just echoing the great reviews from many others here (which were the main reason I chose this inn). The location is perfect, a short walk from Main Street with its restaurants and shops, also a short walk from the harbor with the ferries and more restaurants. The inn makes a point of the fact that they don't have an interesting view, but really, who cares - were you going to spend your vacation sitting in your room and looking out the window?

The rooms are not elegant, but very nice, plenty of room, spotlessly clean. Nice pale-colored laminate floors with Oriental-looking rugs. Comfortable bed, a couple of comfortable chairs, desk, small refrigerator, microwave. The continental breakfast was fairly ordinary - bagels, donuts, cereal, milk, coffee, juice. Fine but nothing special. They have a FREE guest laundry which is awesome - they even provide detergent. And it was ridiculously reasonable - my rate (AAA and in early June, not quite the height of the season) was $88.

Terri and Al are very nice and welcoming, and they want to do as much (or as little) as you need in terms of helping you plan your stay. One day there were several people from the motel going on the same whalewatching tour, so Terri drove us over to the harbor in Barnstable so we wouldn't all have to pay parking fees.

Unless you are into extreme luxury, or just have to have a harbor view, I can't imagine a better place to stay in Hyannis.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank FoodieOnAHarley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis

Been to SeaCoast Inn? Share your experiences!