“It's what you make of it”

International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed February 10, 2005

Me and my Husband went for our 1 year anniversary and we loved it. No it was not how I thought it would be the rooms are small, but who cares. The food was good the drinks were good, and they kept our glasses full of wine. A weekend away from it all with the Man I love,I can't complain.

8  Thank Sumismommy

Northbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 23, 2005

Not a bad place to stay. The room was a little deceiving on the internet, it was not worth the money. The huge screen TV wasn't able to order movies, but we were told to scan through the channels a few times and we might be able to catch a movie that someone else ordered. So we got a few free movies. (that were distorted) Although the room was not up to par, the employees were nice and the food was great. Because Hyannis was hit with a huge snow storm we were forced to stay another night and was not charged for it. (Thank God because they are way overpriced.) Knowing that everything in the town was closed, they fed us a free buffet and smiled the whole time even though they were pulling doubble and tripple shifts. If I was to go back, I would go on a week night and pay a quarter of the price and get a better room. Otherwise, I will not be going back.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Ma
Reviewed November 19, 2004

My wife and I have been going to the International Inn for many years. We have stayed in all the rooms with Jacuzzis and found to like the Princess Jr the best because we could watch movies while sitting in the jacuzzi.
Our most recent tripped we stayed in the Crown Victiorian and it topped the Princess Jr. It did cost more but all the Victorian rooms have just been done over and are like new. The Princess Jr's are starting to show their age and was told by a manager they are next on the list for being done over.
I only have good things to say about the rooms and service.
Stop at Block Buster and get some movies and relax for a couple of nights.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 17, 2004

I was a little confussed due to wide range of reviews for this hotel. The whole cuddles and bubbles thought seems tacky to me. I LOVED IT!!!!!!! My husband and I had a chance to go away for a night. This was a perfect choice, it was outstanding.

The room: a princess jr suite room 150 I picked this because the whirlpool was 6x6 and it was in the room not the bathroom. I agreed the rooms do need some updating but thats from guest abuse. The hardwood floors are squecky from water damage. This is next to the whirlpool so you know what caused it. The pictures are deceiving on the website, the room is much smaller than you would think. Our room was very clean, we did clean the whirlpool just to be sure!
The food: very unexpected the chioces and quality. If I lived on the cape I would go to dinner here. We had such large servings that you couldn't finish 3/4 of it. The breakfast buffet was very good the usual choices but they go above and beyond. I got hot chocolate, the presentation was great whipped cream with hot fudge on top.

The price we paid was 150.ish for one night mid week. I can say that I do not think it would be worth the 250.00 a night they get on the weekends. So if you get a chance to get away for a night this is perfect.

5  Thank alwaysprn
Mansfield, CT
Reviewed October 9, 2004

My hubby and I spent our 1st Anniversary here. What a let down! The website is so full of deciet. Come on.... check it out for yourself if you have ever stayed here!!! Our room was small and dirty. The room had layers of nicotine stained paint on them. It smelled, and you could clearly hear the other guest in the neighboring rooms. We booked the Jr. Princess Suite. They have alot of nerve calling this tiny motel room a "Suite". Dont let the pictures fool you!! However, I can say that the food was magnificent. The bartender and the frozen drinks he served up were also awesome. So if you go to Hyannis stay some where else, but visit for dinner and cocktails!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nantucket, Ma.
Reviewed September 25, 2004

My wife and I checked into the International last April after returning to Hyannis late one night.
We opted for one of the mid priced rooms with a jaccuzi and intended to have a relaxing night after a long trip back from Europe.
The evening was Ok but our phone rang at six in the morning and the receptionist was insisting on entering the room to see if we had used the shower which they thought may be leaking into the room below. I insisted to the receptionist that neither one of us had used the shower (which had four showerheads but absolutely no water pressure) and told her that she had in fact awoken us. Half an hour later someone was knocking on our door insisting entry which I refused as my wife was still trying to sleep.
Prior to checkout I looked under the bed to make sure I wasnt forgetting anything and found a used condom under the bed along with two condom wrappers.
All in all this room was in bad condition with missing / loose parts in the jaccuzi, a shower with no water and used rubbers under the bed.
Upon checkout I was told by the very uninterested girl at the front desk that the manager was not available to hear my complaints and I was given a form letter upon which I had to write my reasons for dissatisfaction. I was told the manager would get back to me at home as I do not live very far away.
You know the rest of the story...... I am still waiting for that phone call five months later.
My advice is avoid this overpriced hotel and stay at one of the cheaper hotels in Hyannis. You will be much happier.

• Stayed: January 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holliston, MA
Reviewed August 29, 2004

we arrived at 3 p.m. to get our key and head to our room where the smell of sewage was SO disgusting i nearly threw up. after notifying the staff we waited in the hall for 10 minutes before going back to the front desk. the woman didn't remember us so we explained again and she actually took the key and said she'd be right back. it appears as though she was checking the smell herself. upon return, she gave us another key and said "here is the key to 109. it's down the hall." no apology...she said nothing else. as we went to 109 we noticed that they weren't even done cleaning it - we waited in the hall until 3:50. again, no apology from the cleaning staff that they were still in there. the room was tacky - the walls are paper thin - we could hear people from outside. no vcr though it said there was - the jacuzzi was so greasy we actually went and bought cleaner to clean it before we got in. we made the best of it by pretending we were at the ritz but we'll NEVER go back!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AhmedMG1, Public Relations Manager at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2017

Sorry to note that you had bad experience. Every year we have the pleasure to serve thousand of customers and once a while we do get some unhappy guests. As they say customer is always right even if facts stated are wrong. Although this hotel is known for Jacuzzis please note that room 109 does not have Jacuzzi and I do not think that I need to comment on your rest of the comments. Bad comments do hurt hotel reputation so please be honest in future.