“What a dump!”

International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Nantucket, Ma.
Reviewed September 25, 2004

My wife and I checked into the International last April after returning to Hyannis late one night.
We opted for one of the mid priced rooms with a jaccuzi and intended to have a relaxing night after a long trip back from Europe.
The evening was Ok but our phone rang at six in the morning and the receptionist was insisting on entering the room to see if we had used the shower which they thought may be leaking into the room below. I insisted to the receptionist that neither one of us had used the shower (which had four showerheads but absolutely no water pressure) and told her that she had in fact awoken us. Half an hour later someone was knocking on our door insisting entry which I refused as my wife was still trying to sleep.
Prior to checkout I looked under the bed to make sure I wasnt forgetting anything and found a used condom under the bed along with two condom wrappers.
All in all this room was in bad condition with missing / loose parts in the jaccuzi, a shower with no water and used rubbers under the bed.
Upon checkout I was told by the very uninterested girl at the front desk that the manager was not available to hear my complaints and I was given a form letter upon which I had to write my reasons for dissatisfaction. I was told the manager would get back to me at home as I do not live very far away.
You know the rest of the story...... I am still waiting for that phone call five months later.
My advice is avoid this overpriced hotel and stay at one of the cheaper hotels in Hyannis. You will be much happier.

• Stayed: January 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Holliston, MA
Reviewed August 29, 2004

we arrived at 3 p.m. to get our key and head to our room where the smell of sewage was SO disgusting i nearly threw up. after notifying the staff we waited in the hall for 10 minutes before going back to the front desk. the woman didn't remember us so we explained again and she actually took the key and said she'd be right back. it appears as though she was checking the smell herself. upon return, she gave us another key and said "here is the key to 109. it's down the hall." no apology...she said nothing else. as we went to 109 we noticed that they weren't even done cleaning it - we waited in the hall until 3:50. again, no apology from the cleaning staff that they were still in there. the room was tacky - the walls are paper thin - we could hear people from outside. no vcr though it said there was - the jacuzzi was so greasy we actually went and bought cleaner to clean it before we got in. we made the best of it by pretending we were at the ritz but we'll NEVER go back!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AhmedMG1, Public Relations Manager at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2017

Sorry to note that you had bad experience. Every year we have the pleasure to serve thousand of customers and once a while we do get some unhappy guests. As they say customer is always right even if facts stated are wrong. Although this hotel is known for Jacuzzis please note that room 109 does not have Jacuzzi and I do not think that I need to comment on your rest of the comments. Bad comments do hurt hotel reputation so please be honest in future.

Providence, RI
Reviewed August 8, 2004

From the moment we arrived to our departing day, "a marvelous and unending joy", (almost a stay in Heaven)
Entering the welcome center, we were greeted by a very kind and curtious staff. We were given the best route and parking location for our vehicle with a detailed map of our room.
When we arrived in our room, we found a very clean, well stocked room complete with a coffee maker, hair drier, ironing board with iron and get this, a complementary bottle of Champagne. The Heart shaped Jaccuzzi was a wonderful treat complete with bubble soap and plenty of towels. Even the multi head shower and heat lamp was a great way to start the day.
Our dining experience was out of this world. The dinner menu was plentiful and the food was "OUT of THIS WORLD". Both dinner and breakfast was superb.
I recommend this place in Hyannis to all my friends and relatives as well as any whom read this review on the net.
Enjoy

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the INTERNATIONAL INN in July... We Found that for the price, it was great. The staff there was great... Our room was very clean and well stocked with an iron, ironing board , COFFEE MAKER, SHAMPOO, BODY WASH AS WELL AS SOAP, PLUS A MINI COOLER, THE OUTDOOR POOL WAS WELL KEPT AND VERY CLEAN... WE LOVED THE PLACE AND WOULD DEFINATELY GO BACK... plus, it is right near the resturants and shopping, we didnt even have to drive

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member