“A pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Springfield, MA
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I booked a room at the International Inn and Suites off of Groupon for a great rate since it's the off-season. I was horrified after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor, but decided to check it out anyway. We paid 89 for the room and then taxes and fees. Upon arrival to the hotel, I had to pay another $10.50 for a fee Groupon doesn't ask for.
Although the building itself was dated, we stayed in the Princess Junior Suite (Room 274) and were surprised by the condition! I did not expect the room to be so clean and updated based off the previous traveler's posts and photos. Although our room didn't have a "separate seating area," it did have a chair and bench in the bedroom-side of the room. The king size bed had crisp, clean, white bedding and no bugs to be found (I checked carefully based on previous posts!). The hot tub was very large and even came with bubble bath. The tub itself was clean, but we had to empty the water before we could actually get in it. At first, it looked like it was rusty water coming from the faucet, but it cleared up after running for a while and we got to enjoy it. The knob to turn on the jets was on a different wall, which was only a minor inconvenience. The bathroom was clean as well, and larger than I imagined. The shower did indeed have 4 shower heads, but one of the lower, pulsating heads did not work. The towels were not soft and fluffy, but then again, I didn't expect it from this property anyway. Although we didn't use the mini-fridge, it was indeed "mini."
The location of the hotel was one of the best parts! There were so many great restaurants, shops, and bars within walking distance. Despite being off-season, many of these places were still open and we had a great dinner at the British Beer Company.

Room Tip: We were in Room 274, a Princess Junior Suite.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim S, Director of Sales at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Lindsey,

We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations! We strive to please our guests and to make their stay a pleasant one and we strongly value all feedback, both positive and negative. Upon check-in, our front desk agents ask every guest to call them immediately if there is anything wrong with their room or if they have any questions or concerns, this way we can address any issues immediately. If time allows, our desk agents give courtesy calls to every guest who has checked in. We do this to ensure that all of our guests’ needs are taken care of and that they are happy and satisfied. When we do receive any complaints, they are addressed immediately. Presently we are under new management and are making improvements to the property. Hyannis is a wonderful area & we are truly blessed to be in the heart of it all. We truly appreciate your review and hope to see you back again real soon!

Kim Sohlman
Director of Marketing/Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Hudson, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

The smell first walking into the lobby should have been a warning sign. It smelled of mold or mildew and stale food. Desk attendant was very nice. Walking into our room was NOT what I had expected. The pictures on the website/Groupon are VERY misleading. We picked the Princess Jr. suite because it was "newly renovated"- yea maybe in 1995. There was blood on the back of the door, visible white stains on the red comforter (EW- we all know what those stains were) and black hairs in all of the sheets. The shower was full of mold and walking in felt like walking into a halfway house. Never going there again.

Room Tip: I don't know about other rooms- But the princess Jr suits are DISGUSTING
4 Thank Kmarie142
internationalinnands, Webmaster at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. I’m very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. We are working every day to make our property better, but I apologize that it did not meet your criteria on your recent stay. A great combination of value and amenities along with good service is our goal. I’m sorry we fell short in your case. Again, I appreciate you taking time to comment, however.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I will always follow trip advisor dr every location details from now on! I did not know to look before and I knew Hyannis is a beautiful area and from the website this place should have been breathtaking- it was exactly the opposite! The hallways stunk like mildew, the room looked like what you would see at a welfare housing development. So not worth any money.
I was away for a quick getaway and was stuck at this location but would NEVER stay here again nor would I ever recommend it to anyone!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank Lisa B
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comments. We take them very seriously. We are working to make our hotel better, and I’m sorry that it did not meet with your approval on your recent visit. I sincerely apologize that we could not do better for you. We’ve improved housekeeping and maintenance dramatically in recent weeks and believe the difference is noticeable. I hope you’ll try us again if you visit town again.

Holliston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Arrived for a one night get a way. We had just had a snow storm, but by the time we arrived, approx 3:00, everything in the area had been plowed out. Well almost everything. Not only wasn't the parking lot plowed but none of the entrances into the building had been cleared. The pick up truck couldn't get in through the main parking entrance but we were able to come in thru the back. I had to walk thru knee high snow to get to the office. Was given our key and drove to our entrance at the back end of the lot. None of the entrances had been shoveled, walked thru THIGH high snow to get inside only to find the room had no working heat. Made my way back to the office, got another room, trucked thru the snow to get there only to find the heat in that room wasn't working either. Went back to the office were the clerk spoke to the maintanace man via radio. The maintanance worker told the clerk he had too many other things to do and didn't have time to check the heat issue! We left.This was a Groupon so getting my money back involved 2 calls to Groupon. I'm still waiting for the $50 charged to my credit card upon check in for "incidentals" that I was assured would be cleared upon check out to be refunded now 4 days later! The online pictures must be 10 years old. The place so dirty, bedrooms had NO windows, bathrooms smelled, blinds were broken. And the staff ridiculously UNhelpful.

5 Thank Robglmt
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to make some comments about our property. We are genuinely sorry that it did not meet with your approval. We realize that some maintenance and cleaning issues developed in the weeks before your stay, but we have corrected those issues now and are striving to make the hotel better every day. We hope you’ll give us another chance if you visit the area again. Otherwise, all I can do is apologize again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We went there had no hot water and the bathroom was aweful. I went to the front desk to get my money back and they would not refund me. Nasty place ever. Do Not Go THERE.....
I don't know what else to say besides i would not bring my worst enemy to sleep there.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank YVONNE T
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to comment on our property. If there are unresolved issues, please contact me directly to resolve them. While we are aware of some recent maintenance issues involving the property, those have been corrected. We have also retrained the housekeeping staff to make sure our property always meets our high standards and those of our guests. I sincerely apologize that we fell short in your case.

Pawcatuck, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Dirty, smelly, and un-kept. Don't believe the website pictures! We booked for our anniversary and upon arriving and seeing the room, we immediately switched to the most expensive room since the Princes Jr. suite was smelly, dirty, and phone didn't work. After paying for an upgrade, we stayed for 2 hours and decided to drive home. Losing the money was worth it!!! In the hallway the fire extinguisher was smashed in with glass shards, one room's door was smashed as if someone tried to break in, and a lights in the hallway were broken. It did not feel safe! It had the appearance of low-income housing which may have been nice about 30 years ago. Please, please, please do not waste your time or money. Days later we still feel dirty from our 2 hour experience at this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank leigh145
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting about our property, and I’m genuinely sorry that we could not meet your needs. There have been some maintenance issues, but we’re pleased to report those have been resolved. The hotel is getting better every day and in every way. Why not come see for yourself if you visit town again? In any case, I’m sincerely sorry we fell short of your expectations, and for that we apologize once again.

New Bedford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

First the good things: stayed in royal suite hot tub was great, bed not bad. Unfortunately that was the only good thing. TV and movies not working. Wallpaper ripped ceiling had plaster missing. No place to sit in room not a true suite. Needs major updating. Stay away from the Copper Chimney food is inedible.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aslanpw
Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing both the good points and bad points of our property. The maintenance issues you mentioned have been resolved, and we believe guests who stay in the royal suite will now find a very nice experience. I only wish it had been better for you, and I apologize that it was not. I hope you’ll try us again if you come to town again.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#14 of 22 in Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod? Share your experiences!