“Cuddle & Bubble is Okay if you don't pay too much”

International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Cuddle & Bubble is Okay if you don't pay too much”
Reviewed July 30, 2008

While some may find it tacky, the Cuddle & Bubble is not a bad place to stay. The wallpaper is kind of cheesy along with some of the other décor. I’ve read some mixed reviews on cleanliness but our room was clean and did not smell bad. The overall grounds were clean as well. The people were friendly. I reserved online through Expedia and got a very good rate, however I do not know that their rooms are worth the posted rack rates. A good tip is to fork over another $20 after you’ve booked to join their Rewards Club and you get a room upgrade for your entire stay. The Jacuzzis are okay and the more expensive rooms have the better ones. They have some good dinner deals on their shared platters (and they come with a bottle of wine all for $25) and the food was pretty good. There are so many places to eat in the area that I wouldn’t eat there more than once on a multi night stay. All in all I would give this a 2.5-3 star rating. It’s all about location and you can’t beat the (off beach) location if you’re going to be bumming around Hyannis. If you’re looking for a beach front hotel then this is not it.

• Liked — Great Location
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
New jersey
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Well, we came here with a tour group. Had nothing to do with the selection or the booking. There were about 46 of us, and understandably, we were put up in the Regency room, which is the cheapest category... Stayed 4 nights, which was the duration of the tour (Cape Cod, Provincetown, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Island). Left 8 in the morning and returned 6 in the evening. So, we didn't come here for the "Cuddle and Bubble" jacuzzi... The average age of the group was 55+... The problem came, when we wanted to take a shower. The shower was in the jacuzzi. In order to get in it, you had to climb over a 24-25 inch high wall (of the jacuzzi). If you were short, weak, even slightly overweight - just forget about it. You simply can't get in or get out. So, some of us could at least take a shower, some of us couldn't. The noticeable thing was, the tour guide not once asked how we liked the jacuzzi, nobody bragged or complained about it, for nobody wanted to give away the fact why they (we) smelled, the fact, that most of us couldn't even take a shower... Speaking of the shower, there were two in each jacuzzi, with ONE control. So, if one person used it, the other one was going (wasting water) too. How the tub was or wasn't cleaned and sanitized you could tell by the different color hair on the bathroom floor, day after day, that was different from ours... The room was OK, however comfortable it was not. Had a king and a queen size bed, separated by a 3 foot partition (the latter we didn't even use.) The pillow was awful, the bed was OK. There was the usual table with a chair, next to it the TV stand, next to that a sofa... If you sat on the sofa, you faced the queen sized bed, couldn't see the television. If you wanted to watch television, you had to sit on the bed - but how comfortable was that? The first night we used the 2 plastic cups, that came with the ice bucket. The second day it was not replenished. We had to ask the maid for it, even though we tipped her every day. We had a wine bottle with leftover wine from the restaurant, the empty bottle was not taken away for 2 days. When we checked out, it was still there... The curtain just would not close without a gap when we wanted to close it at night. The TV and the air conditioner worked, though... We heard from others, they didn't have that kind of luck. I also should mention, the place has no elevator. We ate in the restaurant twice. The food was good, the waiters were anything but efficient. At times they seemed like not sure of what they were doing...
Some of the reviews suggest upgrade, like I mentioned, we were part of a group. If we came on our own, instead of an upgrade, would go somewhere else... anywhere.

• Liked — Is on Main street, walking distance to other establishments
  • Disliked — Bathroom, lack of just plain shower, housekeeping
  • Stayed July 2008
MA
Reviewed July 23, 2008

The place was OK. Granted we went during off season - the price wasn't bad...but the room was small and a bit outdated. The jacuzzi was really the only good part about it. The bed had to have been the most uncomfortable bed I've EVER slept in....but the Brazillian Restaurant next door was great! Would I stay there again? Probably. As long as it was off-season and I wasn't paying an arm and a leg to stay there.

• Liked — The jacuzzi
  • Disliked — The bed
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 17, 2008

This hotel was super duper cheesy. Not near any beach, the rooms have obviously been used for hook-ups and cheesy getaways. The bedspreads were gross, and the jacuzzi had a layer of grossness that came out the first time we filled it up. Late at night there was some noise in the hallways and when my boyfriend checked it out, there were some half naked ladies in the hallway arguing with somebody else in a room. Overall, I went for a romantic getaway and ended up with nothing but a good laugh.

• Liked — hmmmm.....it made for a good story
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2005, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed July 5, 2008

WOW! I was looking for a nice place to spend the night while at Hyannis for the 4th of July! my friend told me about this place and I came on this site to check the reviews< needless to say I was in between, some people completely hated it and others loved it. I was so worried that I wouldnt like it and waste my money. However, I loved it! Ok, so I parked, went in to check in the girl at the desk was kinda young and she had hickeys, not professional, but hey that didnt bother me. So we found our room walked in and it had no bad odors like other reports said, theres a couch, coffee table, desk, mini fridge, bureau with an enclosed tv then the bed. Its huge! Kinda hard but fine.Ok the nest part, the jacuzzi! Its in the bathroom, wonderful! the bathroom was so cleaned< fresh towels everywhere, bubbles, the shower was nice too! The only negative thing about my trip was taht I forgot toothpaste thinking that they would have some, they didnt! other than that my stay was wonderful and i will def go back! I stayed in the princess suite!!!!!!

• Liked — the jacuzzi!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — No toothpaste! :( (partly my fault)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
bellingham, ma
Reviewed June 22, 2008

This place is GROSS! Checked in on Saturday, June 21, Plaza Suite (most luxurious according to their website). Well, it is anything but luxurious. Upon entering the suite, there is a musty smell, but if you put the a/c on, you can live with it. However, upon checking out the bed, there were stains on the sheets. The bedspread was nasty as was the blanket. The couch needs replacing - sags and not comfortable. What really did it was the jacuzzi - oh yes, it looked nice; however, when the water was turned on, there were pubic hairs and other hairs floating around. Clearly indicating that it does not get sanitized after each guest. I was so glad I did not put bubble bath in right away. I paid $270.00 for their "most luxurious suite" and certainly did not get what this establishment advertises - they falsely advertise. So, after checking in at 3:30, my husband and I checked out at 6:00 and drove two hours home - what a disappointment. The manager, Rich, left a lot to be desired and needs a refresher course. He could not have cared less about my concerns and did not offer an apology or even a refund (or partial refund). The only thing he said was "well, we have been in business for many years." Being in business 20 years, does not make an establishment good - it is how you treat your guests, along with the cleaniness and condition of the suites and rooms you are advertising. In these tough economic times, people expect to get what they paid for. This was a splurge for my husband and I, but I consider it a lesson learned. Usually, I stay in hotels with a name I know. Do not stay here - you will be disappointed and waste your hard earned money. TRAVELER BEWARE - DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — I DID NOT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PLACE
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2008

My husband and I have been coming to the International Inn for 7 years now. It has ALWAYS been enjoyable, romantic and special. When we need to get away, this is where we go! The staff has always been accommodating. First visit I booked the princess jr. suite for 4 days. After looking at other rooms, I realized some of the lower priced rooms had more room (2 rooms, couch, etc.). I explained what I wanted and offered to still pay the same rate, but they gladly switched me to the waldorf and charged me for the lesser rate even though I committed to the princess jr. suite. A few times they forgot to leave the champagne in the room or the rose, but I'd call down and it soon would be delivered to my door. It's worth the 20 bucks for the Members Card that gives you a free uprgrade upon check-in. We've really got our money's worth! I've heard mixed reviews too about the place, but myself being a regular there, I have no complaints. In regards to dealing with the staff...like anything else in life, you catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

Overall it is a fun and different place to go to ignite romance and let your hair down. The restaurant is awesome and getting the overnight/dinner package is highly recommended, with the breakfast buffet in the morning, too!

Lookin' forward to booking our next trip soon! We NEED it!

Jennifer

• Liked — The hot tubs built for two and the variety of different rooms
  • Disliked — There has been nothing I did not like
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Heritage House Hotel
Best Western Cape Cod Hotel
Hyannis Inn Motel
Hyannis Inn Motel
#10 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod? Share your experiences!