“Don't stay here”

International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My sister booked this room without realizing that this hotel is a "romantic" place for couples.

We asked for a room with two queen beds, but they booked us into a room with one queen bed. I had to sleep on a cot.

There was a Jacuzzi in the middle of our room, right next to the bed. It also had a creepy red light over it. I think it was meant to be sexy. The shower had four faucets, and two of them pointed at your private areas. We couldn't figure out how to turn them off! It was the most awkward shower of my life.

The room was not clean. The mirrors surrounding the Jacuzzi were filthy. The sheets had some pretty disgusting stains on them. It was overall concerning.

To top it all of, we had terrible service. They did nothing about booking us into the wrong room. Then, our toilet kept making loud gushing noises. My sister is a light sleeper, so she called the front desk to ask if anything could be done about it. When she didn't hear anything back, she called back again. The front desk hung up on her!

It's worth it to spend the money elsewhere, unless this is your idea of a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Regan T
internationalinnands, Webmaster at International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the International Inn and Suites for your recent stay and for sparing the time to give us a review.

Our apologies for the inconvenience you had howsoever.

We have embarked on a project on completely redoing the property.

The front office staff has been trained to improve guest relations.

The hygiene, cleanliness and amenities are being professionally checked and maintained in order.

Please consider the changes and visit us again.

Hotel Manager.

There are newer reviews for International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for our Anniversary. Our room as ok. needed some updating. the food was good and it was nice to have roses and bubble bath available. The location is great its right on the hyannis strip where there are many bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Having visited many hotels/motels in Hyannis, this one is probably the best of them all. However, it does not mean it is an excellent place to stay. 1-2 nights is probably the extent of the stay I would recommend there. If you are staying for longer, try either a hotel outside of Hyannis (Yarmouth or Barnstable) or see if you can rent a house. As for this hotel, I stayed there few times (twice this year). It is outdated, with ugly wallpapers and very old carpet, but in general rooms are clean and I have not seen any unwanted guests (read insects). It is very centrally located, right on Main St and near my favorite Hyannis restaurant (Brazilian Grille). Rooms have jacuzzi, so you can relax there after relaxing on a beach ;) But otherwise 2.5-3 stars hotel at best. If you book in advance (at least a month in advance), you can get good rates even in the middle of Summer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

we knew we were not paying the average 200/300$ of a good stay in Cape Cod. This hotel is essentially very old, and no work was done on the structure probably for the last 30years. Whirlpool tub calls your attention but it's nothing but a huge old tub surrounded but awkward mirrors and red light. I'd call this a motel. On the positive, the room was clean and very big.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, close to restaurants and bars and it seemed seemed packed with visitors over the holiday weekend. The room was clean , however, the property is in desperate need of total renovation. This was the single biggest draw back.

Room Tip: Choose a room on second floor. We could hear the people above stomping above us in our room on the f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elise S
Reviewed June 24, 2013

When looking into this hotel I read a lot of negative reviews. I know the area and frequent the cape but never even noticed it. We stayed in the Junior Princess suite. It was clean! the bed was very comfortable, the hot tub was very clean and filled very fast. There was no trash can, that irritated me. The bottle of Champagne they gave was not top shelf but it wasn't bad. The restaurant that turns into a bar with a DJ was great (didn't eat there, just drinks and music). There was no microwave in the room, just a fridge. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I didn't even stay the night! The first room lost cold water in the middle of filling a tub and I was burned really badly. Front desk didn't care very much but did give me a new room. This room's ceiling had caved into the hot tub! When I told them about this they said all they could do was give me another room and 1 free meal. Mind you this was a special anniversery trip. I obviously demanded a refund at the front desk and was assured that I'd get it. They have yet to even initiate the refund on my card and it is now a week and a half later. I wouldn't be surprised if I actually have to make a dispute about non credited merchandise.

DO NOT GO HERE! It's ranked poorly for a reason. This was the worst hotel I've ever tried to stay in.

Room Tip: Don't do it. Worst rooms ever. Dirty and horrible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sean T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the International Inn & Suites during your recent visit to our area.

We thank you for your review and regret the incidence and our apologies howsoever.

At the same time we apologize on behalf of the concerned hotel staff for any unruly behavior and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given additional training to the hotel staff and reception managers to ensure that their requests are promptly taken care of and they always feel welcome and wanted.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will appreciate it.

During your next visit to our place please consider our hotel once again and experience a new hospitality.

Hotel Manager.