“Would NOT stay here again!”
Review of Hyannis Inn Motel

Hyannis Inn Motel
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I just recently stayed at the Hyannis Inn and would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The manager that was on duty during my stay was very rude and disrespectful. When I booked the hotel, I booked it for 2 adults...possibly 3(we are 30 something year old women). We checked in at 5 or 6 o'clock and were not in the room for more than an hour before heading out. During the evening our plans changed and we ended up with 4 people staying in the room. Upon arriving home around 1am, this man (who I assume is the manager), starts harrassing 2 of the woman questioning how many people we had staying in the room. We told him that we had a change of plans and that we would just make up the difference. He said we should have taken care of this earlier. We just walked in our room and closed the door. At 7am I opened the door to see if there was vending machine nearby, after closing the door, the phone immediately rang (obviously we were being watched). The same man from the night before told us to "pack our bags and get out!" I told him again, that we were sorry for the confusion and would just pay the difference. He said their policy is no more than 2 adults per room. I never saw this on the website and I was NEVER questioned about this when making my reservation. I chose this hotel because a friend of mine stays there almost every year. She said they always have 4 adults in a room and it has never been a problem. When I called the manager back to talk to him about this, he told me "that's too bad" and hung up on me. We were very shocked, but we did leave. I will say this, we ended up staying at the Bayside Resort and LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank tinnad

Reviewed July 27, 2008

We stayed at the Hyannis Inn on our way to our Provincetown rental. The room was clean, the people were very nice, it was affordible and there was parking outside our unit. We will return next year for our night before P-town. Hyannis was fun to explore.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My wife booked this inn for a Sat. night, We went to the cape to watch a Lyle Lovett concert. We are a professional couple both 50 years old and i (Husband) am very fussy about where i stay. When i came home and saw that my wife had booked us into this inn i jumped right onto the net to read the reviews. Well i was NOT impressed at all with the bad reviews but i thought what the heck, its only one night..... When we arrived at the Hyannis inn about 4pm the place looked like just about any other inn or motel. We both went to the office and was greeted by a very pregnant young Lady. She was VERY nice, polite and helpful with her tips on the area. We took our key and headed up to room 48. I remember saying to my wife "well all good so far" I turned the key and entered the room. Deep breath and i took a long smell, FRESH and CLEAN!, Nice very spacious room! Bathroom was fresh clean and painted like new, Window were clean. I turned up the air, not noisy at all. So then checked the bed sheets. Nice Clean and fresh... So where is the Bad??? Went to the show and for a walk after then went to bed around midnight. Peaceful night, nice hot shower in the am. Now check out... Met the manager nice guy and he told me his side of the story about one of the bad reviews.....Very different !. All in all... Great place, good Value, Nice people, Clean. What more do you need!! Steve and Carol NH.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I find the staff there very knowledgeable to everything in the area. While we were there some other guests were misbehaving and the staff took care of the problem. I have stayed at some 5 star hotels that were not as clean as this one was. The location is the best as you are within walking distance to just about everything. There is a cocktail lounge and breakfast room on the property and b oth were spotless. I reccommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2007

For a September trip to Nantucket, we needed a place to stay for one night to catch the early ferry. Perks weren't a necessity, so we went for a low price. I guess we got what we paid for. Seemingly tucked away on a side street the motel would seem to offer a quiet night's sleep, but no. Because of the configuration of one way streets in Hyannis, our quiet side street was a major shortcut to the waterfront area. We soon found we were one block or less from the police station (sirens!), the fire house (sirens!), the schools (car horns, traffic, teenagers' music and loud mufflers) and the automated crossing signals with a recorded voice announcing that the crossing signal was about to change (15 announcements at every cycle!). Sleep was not an easy proposition. We were astonished to find that the motel provides no clock in the room; they offered a wakeup call, but no clock. There was a restaurant next door, but if we had been in a rush . . . . The most unsettling aspect of the room, however came when we left to got to dinner. The rooms are all accessed from the parking lot with no interior corridors. We found that the only lock on the exterior door was a simple pin lock on the knob - less than secure to say the least. We could lock ourselves in with a deadbolt, but could not secure the room adequately when we went out. My next stay in Hyannis will definitely be in another facility!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RetiredTraveler-NC
Reviewed September 16, 2007

the motel in general was ok. clean and close to the ferry but the people who stays there at night to watch the motel are very unprofessional and sholud not be working there.
when coming back from a bar with my friends a rude woman and i assume her boyfriend came out and told us to shut up and go to our rooms . which to me, was a shock being that she claimed to be the manager.

she said that there were a lot of OLD people sleeping and that she was not going to deal with us being loud. i just wished everyone who was staying there that night heard this woman call them OLD PEOPLE.

WAY TO TREAT YOUR GUESTS....
DEFINATELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE...

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank puchis01
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed here in for 4 days this week. It was a last minute pick on a spontaneous trip and we looked all over but could not find much. We found this place and heard it was a nice place to stay. When we got there, everybody was friendly and the place was clean. I mean, unusually, atypically clean for a beach hotel room. We were pleasantly surprised. Even the furniture was freshly polished. All we saw the whole time there were staff cleaning and looking after the grounds. It was nice. It is not up to date and it does not have the new HD flat panel on the wall that some places have, but it is VERY clean. I do think they keep the prices down by going no frills: the toilet paper is thin, and there is only small chips of soap "Cashmere Bouquet" but no shampoo or hairdryer, which is fine because we bring our own anyway, but the place was clean. It is also right in the Center of Hyannis, and not more than a 5 minute walk to the harbor, 15 minute walk to the beach. While it is not the town we like to stay, the place was clean and we would think about going staying there again, if we were to go to Hyannis. Also, the folks at the front were very friendly and gave many helpful hints of where to eat, where to go. We should have listened to them about Fresh Ketch though, and avoided it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family