“Rooms should cost less”
Review of Hyannis Inn Motel

Hyannis Inn Motel
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed October 29, 2007

For a September trip to Nantucket, we needed a place to stay for one night to catch the early ferry. Perks weren't a necessity, so we went for a low price. I guess we got what we paid for. Seemingly tucked away on a side street the motel would seem to offer a quiet night's sleep, but no. Because of the configuration of one way streets in Hyannis, our quiet side street was a major shortcut to the waterfront area. We soon found we were one block or less from the police station (sirens!), the fire house (sirens!), the schools (car horns, traffic, teenagers' music and loud mufflers) and the automated crossing signals with a recorded voice announcing that the crossing signal was about to change (15 announcements at every cycle!). Sleep was not an easy proposition. We were astonished to find that the motel provides no clock in the room; they offered a wakeup call, but no clock. There was a restaurant next door, but if we had been in a rush . . . . The most unsettling aspect of the room, however came when we left to got to dinner. The rooms are all accessed from the parking lot with no interior corridors. We found that the only lock on the exterior door was a simple pin lock on the knob - less than secure to say the least. We could lock ourselves in with a deadbolt, but could not secure the room adequately when we went out. My next stay in Hyannis will definitely be in another facility!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank RetiredTraveler-NC

Reviewed September 16, 2007

the motel in general was ok. clean and close to the ferry but the people who stays there at night to watch the motel are very unprofessional and sholud not be working there.
when coming back from a bar with my friends a rude woman and i assume her boyfriend came out and told us to shut up and go to our rooms . which to me, was a shock being that she claimed to be the manager.

she said that there were a lot of OLD people sleeping and that she was not going to deal with us being loud. i just wished everyone who was staying there that night heard this woman call them OLD PEOPLE.

WAY TO TREAT YOUR GUESTS....
DEFINATELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE...

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank puchis01
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed here in for 4 days this week. It was a last minute pick on a spontaneous trip and we looked all over but could not find much. We found this place and heard it was a nice place to stay. When we got there, everybody was friendly and the place was clean. I mean, unusually, atypically clean for a beach hotel room. We were pleasantly surprised. Even the furniture was freshly polished. All we saw the whole time there were staff cleaning and looking after the grounds. It was nice. It is not up to date and it does not have the new HD flat panel on the wall that some places have, but it is VERY clean. I do think they keep the prices down by going no frills: the toilet paper is thin, and there is only small chips of soap "Cashmere Bouquet" but no shampoo or hairdryer, which is fine because we bring our own anyway, but the place was clean. It is also right in the Center of Hyannis, and not more than a 5 minute walk to the harbor, 15 minute walk to the beach. While it is not the town we like to stay, the place was clean and we would think about going staying there again, if we were to go to Hyannis. Also, the folks at the front were very friendly and gave many helpful hints of where to eat, where to go. We should have listened to them about Fresh Ketch though, and avoided it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank phillytraveler24
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I found this place on capevacancies.com for a last minute on-season weekend visit to Hyannis . While this is your typical older motel with 70's style furnishings, it is AAA approved and I was pleasantly surprised to find the accommodations decent - clean, comfortable and remarkably quiet (even for sleeping in late on the weekend) despite its street frontage smack dab on Main Street in the middle of the tourist district. The room (deluxe king), was spacious - a very large sitting area with a pullout sofa, a table and chairs, a decent sized fridge and a separate sleeping area with a comfortable king size bed, walk in closet, desk and dresser with plenty of other areas to drop your belongings. Speaking of the location, it is OUTSTANDING if you want to be stumbling distance to everything, restaurants, bars, shops and a short stroll to the Nantucket/Vineyard ferries. Beaches are a bit too far away to walk, but an easy bike or car ride away. I commend the staff for keeping the rooms and grounds immaculate. As I am used to staying in much newer high end hotels for work travel, and must admit I ordinarily turn my nose up at places like this. I have to say this decent motel has changed my perspective and I would probably stay here again when visiting Hyannis - especially if i was looking to economize for the stay. Liked the little tavern on the property,, "Elbow Room". A few notes: you' find none of the niceties of upscale hotels like toiletries (with the exception of Cashmere Bouquet soap), an alarm clock, iron/ironing board, a coffee maker or hair dryer, so if you like to want those things in your room, bring them. The decor is dated, pillows and linens are just average (but clean) and the bathroom was industrial, but nothing was threadbare and everything was in decent shape and in good working order. All in all, this is a decent motel and especially good for the budget traveler who wants to have Hyannis and night life at their fingertips.

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank northshoregirl
Reviewed July 24, 2007

I was very disappointed in this hotel. Our first day there we arrived back to our room from the beach to find that there was a large sign posted on our tv which read " This is a non smoking room" with underlining everywhere. I am not a smoker but my husband is. He does not smoke around or would he ever smoke in a hotel room. When we asked to speak to a manager about the note, no one would bother to speak to us. We were later told that the maid smelt smoke on our clothes and that we were both smoking in the room. Needless to say that all of our clothes were in closed suitcases in a walk in closet. This leads me to believe that she went through our things. We made a second call to the office and still no manager would bother to discuss this with us. I could see if we had been in the room smoking but we were not. We are both hard working professionals who were treated like college kids causing trouble. The note was very rude as well as the staff. We will NEVER return there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jlheyman
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Just got back 4th of July week. Originally I booked the Harbr Hyannis but after reading horrible reviews about that place I cancelled and, we booked this one. The room was very large, with two queen beds, very clean, and the housekeeping staff very friendly. The front desk was also very nice, especially "Tonia". Lots of brochures to take filled with ideas and coupons. The place was extremely convenient and I think I would stay here again. I had wanted to stay at the Anchor Inn but that wasn't available and when I saw where the Anchor Inn was located, I think I preferred this motel instead. If I had any complaints I think that they should have added some more niceities, like shampoo, conditioner, a hair blower. There was a fridge but we didn't use. I knew there wasn't a clock in the room as per this site, so we brought our own. I highly recommend htis place. It was also very quiet.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank newjerseydaisy
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed here in early May and loved it! Hyannis itself was a little quiet but it was only the start of the season! This motel has a great location on the main street. The guy on check-in was really nice and friendly and recommended some places to eat.

The rooms are big and very clean - the only thing they don't have is a safe but I suppose it is a motel and not a hotel so this is fair enough.

There is a small bar on the property and although we did not try it, it was busy most nights. There is also ample parking.

All in all a great stay in a great town!

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank Snail30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to Hyannis Inn Motel? Share your experiences!