All reviews new building fire pit martha s vineyard nice robes parking spaces are this newly renovated hotel the blue water grill older part large suite room was nicely decorated minutes walk away lovely little hotel pool side hyannis harbor harbour view jacuzzi room the nicest hotels
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the newly renovated Hyannis Harbor Hotel for a few days this summer for our family vacation. While I have stayed there before, the improvements made to the common area of the property and the new rooms are both quite impressive. The front of the hotel with all the stonework looks beautiful! The pool and pool bar is a great scene. My kids loved it. I highly recommend the fish tacos! We enjoyed relaxing on the hammocks, playing chess, and sitting by the fire pit in the evening. In addition, The location of the hotel is perfect being right down by the water. The hotel staff also were all very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend and encourage you to stay at The Hyannis Harbor Hotel!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lynne A
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

After being out on the water all day I decided to stay overnight so checked my Trip Advisor app and booked a room while sitting in a parking lot down the road. I didn't check reviews...it was late, I was tired and just wanted a room. Reading reviews this morning I agree...it was difficult having a conversation...spoke with 5 people during the course of my overnight stay and 4 had english as a second language. That said I was on the 4th floor of the new building and it was a beautiful spacious room. Parking in general is ridiculous but I thought the spaces adequate. Restaurant was ok

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank karengN9891HI
Reviewed August 24, 2017

I stayed here last Friday night to meet up with my parents. Check-in was quick and easy. This is a huge resort so they give you a map to your room. Parking is definitely tight as other reviews have pointed out. Room had been renovated and was very nice. My only complaint was the lack of outlets reachable near the bed. You really pay for the location. Plenty of restaurants around and the marina across the street for the ferries. We didn't use any of the facilities at the hotel. No elevator available for the 2nd floor.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the older building with the "renovated rooms". The renovations were done poorly ,there was a giant gap in the trim on our shower. The bathroom door stuck so bad that the paint was chipping off . The bathrooms have no fans so the second you turn on the shower the bathroom is steamed up. The only good thing I can say about the hotel rooms is that beds were very comfortable. The rooms are cramped. There was barely enough space to get by the bed to sit at the table and chairs. The staff were friendly but barely spoke enough English to have a conversation. I didn't find them helpful or engaging at all. I was very disappointed in this hotel considering the amount of money I paid per night. On the plus side it does have a great location and the outdoor facilities are very nice, the pool is a good size and there were lots of chairs. The restaurant was decent but the menu is very limited. The parking at this hotel is atrocious. The parking spots are only good if you are driving a mini Cooper or a compact car. Most of the guests had SUVs and had to park over the lines because the lines were drawn too small. It was extremely frustrating. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank mjcooper23
Reviewed August 19, 2017

So the renovated rooms are ok and the new building does look great - but I didn't stay in the new building.
The desk staff doesn't seem to know what's going on and seem very stressed out. Some of them seemed to try but it has the feeling of everyone being overwhelmed and not getting any support. It doesn't help that some of them have real trouble with English.
I did not get the feeling of any real hospitality just a hotel that knows it has a great location and takes advantage of that.

Room tip: I think the new building is probably the best option
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple