“Overall Pretty Good”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Long Island, NY
“Overall Pretty Good”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was nervous about staying here after I had read many reivews about the staff and hotel conditions. I just returned from 3 nights over MDW and had a very nice time. The hotel staff was very friendly both over the phone and in person. The hotel is a perfect location - literally right across the street to the ferries (which we took to Martha's Vineyard for the day).

Pros:
Great location - you can easily walk to downtown Hyannis and shop on main street without worrying about parking
Room was very clean
Bed and Bed Linen was clean and comfy
Bathroom was spacious and clean

Cons
Narrow hallways
No elevator
Thin Walls

I did ask for a room on the second floor before I arrived. The request was noted however not accomodated when I checked in. Instead, I was given a handicapped room (not required but I appreciated the spacious bathroom). Unfortunatly, I did have noisy neighboors across the hall - who partied with red solo cups and had the nerve to keep the door open! I did call the front desk to ask them to quiet them down - which they did. I also am a light sleeper and did not appreciate the group of elephants stomping around upstairs however that is not the hotel's fault. Just wish the walls werent so thin that we could hear almost everything.

Advice: DO NOT BRING KIDS TO CAPE COD!! There is not a lot for them to do and they get bored easily and disturb other guests. Leave them home and enjoy a nice weekeday away.

Bluewater grill is fantastic. The drinks were great - get the bruschetta you will not be dissapointed. Nice atmosphere. They are not open late - kitchen closes about 9pm or so however the bar is open late.

Overall my husband and I will return for another vacation to this hotel - this time, we will pay extra to be on the top floor!

Room Tip: Pay to be on the second floor however be advised there are no elevators in the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was hesitant to stay here after reading so many bad reviews. When the management posted the hotel was recently renovated, we booked three nights over Memorial Day weekend. What a disappointment! Our room was dark, smelled musty, the carpet was ripped and the chairs were stained! The decor was nothing like the pictures on the Internet! The tile in the shower was stained, the sink cracked and it didn't have a fan! There were kids running around all day and night screaming. We had to call the front desk daily to attempt some quiet, but they did nothing.

The fire pit had dirty towels on the benches and garbage cans overflowing with garbage! We
paid $187 plus tax to stay in what really amounts to a cheap motel! Never again!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank PattiNYElmhurst

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We drove 5 hours to get here. The lobby was the only place that looked beautiful, they probably put all their money there. Our first room smelled humidity , the door was hard to open, in the shower there was not cold water only really hot water so i burnt myself. Our keys were never working, room service (cleaning)passed aroud 3pm. They gave us new room which was horrible too. The wifi we didnt get sevice in our room. They even made our called the fusiohotspot and the guy told me that it was their responsabilites to reboost the wifi not him. No breakfast available . The restaurant only opened for the supper in a tent... They realized during our lastday that we didnt get any parking permit so during three day i could have got a ticket or been towed... Since i had to park in front of the ferry parking. The pool was dirty duck swim in it. I dont recommend this hotel it cost us over $300 us and we reseved for a queen room with harbor view but our view was the pool.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Carolanecp
Boston
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights last week. This hotel presents beautifully, both outside and photos on the website. My first room was not like that, but they were very accomodating and in the end gave me a room with which I was very satisfied. I understand they've added some upgrades over the winter, and I enjoyed them: the bed was a super comfortable pillow top, nice sheets, modern white comforter; large flatscreen tv with a Comcast remote (rather than the usual hotel remote); white terry robes and slippers. Plus nice fluffy towels, and a view of the waterfront and firepit. And a small fridge in the room for my bottle of wine. In short I had everything I needed. There are no private balconies; based on the website photos I'd expected a slider onto a private balcony so I was surprised. And I'd been looking forward to a drink in the hotel bar but alas it was being revamped for the summer season. But no matter, there are plenty of other restaurant options nearby, and I was happy enough to sit outside the room and view the waterfront with my glass of wine.

The staff was helpful and accomodating. So in the end, while it wasn't quite what I'd expected initially, I considered it great value for the off-season price. I'm pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went during the off season-May 1 to May 4th. The location was breath taking. Everything else was less than. The king size room was so incredibly tiny that we opted for a queen room to just have some more space. The bathroom was old and out dated. Upon arriving, we let them know the drain in the sink wasn't working, and they NEVER fixed it. We had to brush our teeth using the bathtub. The house keeping department only gave us towels-never took out the trash, cleaned, or anything. The bathtub had water beneath it-you could hear and feel it swishing around when you steped in the tub. The beds were comfortable. The staff had no idea what was around the area to go too as no one lives in the area. Exactly what I told them was that if it weren't for the location, the price wouldn't be worth it. I would NEVER pay the money to go during the busy season. It was disappointing to not love the hotel we stayed at, especially due to the location. If you can handle less than great accomodations, then this hotel is for you. If not, there are plenty of hotels not far from the harbor that were comparable for price to this one. I know that's what we're doing next time...

Room Tip: 2 queen bed rooms-The king size rooms are so very tiny!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlboro, New Jersey
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We just returned from a three day stay at this hotel. Every day our room was not cleaned and we had to go to the check in desk and tell them. Each time they has a different excuse. Very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
amsterdam
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I made reservations to stay there on our honeymoon 7 years ago. When we got there, we were told that they overbooked and did not have a room for us. We traveled over 4 hours to get there so needless to say we were not very happy. They told us that they booked a room for us at another hotel, Green Harbor, not to far away. So we drove there about 20 minutes away and this place was beautiful. The room that they gave us could sleep 6 and was very clean. Even one of the staff at Hyannis Harbor told us that we would like the new place much better. Hyannis Harbor, from what we saw, looked very dirty and old. So it all worked out for the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank babsAmsterdam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
#17 of 22 in Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
#8 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Hyannis Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!