“Living off an old reputation”

DJ's Famous Wings -A Family Sports Pub508
Ranked #46 of 194 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
amherst
“Living off an old reputation”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ten years ago this place was great, when it was in a small strip mall on Willow St. Now on their BEST day they are average. Everything is overpriced and their customer service is pretty bad when it comes to a poor meal. I know every place will serve a bad meal now and then, and when it happens to me I just calmly talk to the manager and 9.5 times out of 10 they will compensate you in some way. This is acceptable to me and I will go back (if it wasn't completely horrible) but it has happened to me here multiple times and not once have they offered anything, or even showed any interest in listening to me.

This got a lot longer than I intended so just know, this is barely an average spot!

• Visited May 2013

Homer
“exceeded expectations for bar food - french fries were addicting!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a group here for lunch and our server was great! I don't know what it was about their fries but they were addicting. I loved both their regular fries and the sweet potato fries, crispy yet soft with full sweet potato flavor. We shared a variety of wings and their sauces were much better than Buffalo Wild Wings because DJ's makes them fresh. I also had a roast beef wrap with a zap (tangy homemade horseradish sauce) with bacon bits. Although I normally avoid bars and bar food, DJ's will now become a regular place during my visits to the Cape. It was very enjoyable and that is what I want when dining out - fun food and good service.

• Visited May 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“decent wings”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

read the review and had to stop and try the wings , they were good . Hot wings were a bit over the top . But I am sure there are those that love that . Decent bar , and friendly staff

Visited May 2013
Watford, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, great value”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a great evening at DJ's. The waiter was excellent, giving us good advice on the menu (including recommending we didn't take the hot wings challenge).
We had a high table and could watch the Bruins game from TVs hung at every angle - we knew when they scored as the bar manager rang the bell.
For starter we had 10 wings buffalo style which were delicious. For main my partner had the 1/2 pound burger while I went for the 1/2 rack of ribs. I had considered the full rack but when I saw the size of the 1/2 I knew i had made the right choice. The meat melted off the bone and the barbecue sauce was the best I have tasted.
I would thoroughly recommend a night out at DJs

• Visited April 2013
Newport, RI
“weekend getaway”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

had to wait for table, which is good sign, when we sat down the service was quick and the wings were delicious, we will be going back again for sure!

Visited April 2013