“Half the menu is great, other half is not so great. Entire menu EXPENSIVE!!!”

DJ's Famous Wings -A Family Sports Pub508
Ranked #51 of 189 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hyannis
“Half the menu is great, other half is not so great. Entire menu EXPENSIVE!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I've lived on cape for two years now and all the locals always talk about djs famous wings. My boyfriend loves to get wings there but he won't eat anything else. I will only eat a veggie sand which with buff sauce. The wing sauces are amazing!!!! There is so many to choice from. BBQ, honey, buffalo, hot, fire hot, hurt me,and a sweet and sour, I believe they also just added a peanut butter sauce. We have tried ribs, apps, sandwiches, and pasta and none of it is good. All these items are bland and over priced. The medium boneless sized wings 8 pieces is 16.99!!! The service is always great, very friendly and very speedy and the atmosphere is great. They have a hot wing challenge that is awesome to watch!!! We do return once a month / every other month but I won't go more than that.

Hyannis, Massachusetts
“If it's for game day, order your wings 3 days ahead...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

...That's the advice of the owner, after complaints of 3 hours of clogged, unanswered phones.

If you can't get through on the phone, swing by and see if they will take your order; if not, be ready for plan "B".

But, if you're lucky enough to place an order, the buffalo/garlic wings are the best!

Yes, they have the best wings around, but the drama has driven us away.

Like Yogi Berra sez, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded".

1 Thank HyannisSteve
“Wings and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

There's really only one thing you should ever go to DJs for, and that's the wings. I've been going for years and the wings are divine, but skip the rest of the menu; choices are uninspired, bland, and shown nowhere near the same attention as the wings. Blue cheese is the best I've ever had, and I find them a solid choice for eat-in and takeout. I don't go especially often since prices are a little high and I don't crave wings frequently, but when I want Buffalo they're the only place to go.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great gathering spot for family and friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is one of our go-to local spots. When we have visitors with youngsters, we usually bring them here, as there is something for everyone and has a cute train motif. DJ's is known for its chicken wings, but there are many different offerings. One nephew swears by the chicken noodle soup, of all things. I ALWAYS get the 5 piece boneless "wings" with extra blue cheese and celery with the HOT sauce. I have not worked my way up to the HURT ME level. They have a wing challenge here for the strong of heart, lips and esophagus...
They have a good drink list and the bar section is sports oriented. I have found memories of sitting at one of the high-top tables with a friend and nephew who was chowing down on a cheeseburger as big as he was and saw Big Papi hit a grand slam walk off home run. Can't beat it. The nephew had never seen such a feat and took a breath from eating his cheeseburger to cheer ecstatically.
You can't beat DJ's for good family fare and fun.

• Visited November 2012
Cape Cod
“Best Wings Anywhere Great Bar !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

True sports at atmosphere, no scum bags at bar. Plenty of tables for casual family dining. TVs everywhere