“Best Ice Cream I have ever had in my entire life!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Katie's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Hyannis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We make all our ice cream daily on the premises using only the freshest and finest ingredients.
New York City, New York
“Best Ice Cream I have ever had in my entire life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We weren't expecting much but a typical crappy ice cream cone from anywhere on main street but, let me tell you, Katie's has the best ice cream I have ever had. I got the cookie dough in a cone, not only was the small extremely HUGE, it was DELICIOUS! It didn't taste disgustingly sweet like regular vanilla or something, but it was just right, and the cookie dough itself was amazing too. I loved it so much, I went back every single night of my vacation for more....probably gained like 10 pounds but soooo worth it. I'm gonna miss it, until I go back next year! I want more:( Out of every ice cream shop I have went to, THIS is the best, go try it!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sabrina R
Katie's I, General Manager at Katie's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
This is one of the best reviews I have ever read! Thank you so much for all of your positive insights into our ice cream! I love it when such a classic, popular flavor like cookie dough is recognized since we take care with each and every one of our flavors. Next time you are in the area please stop by and visit Katie's Kitchen where you can watch as we make all of our ice cream and everything else for the ice cream shop!
Can't wait to see you again!

NY
“Love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Katies has everything from homemade candy and ice cream with a nice gift shop in the back. This is my second year staying in Hyannis and the first place we have to hit it Katies. The best salt water taffty, the guy makes it right there in front of you.

Visited July 2014
That is such a wonderful review. Unfortunately, I believe you are talking about Kandy Korner, not Katie's, however they are a wonderful candy store. Next time your in town stop by and visit us, Katie's Ice Cream, we make all of our ice cream right on site and Monday to Saturday you can stop by our kitchen and watch Katie making all of her frozen treats. Have a great summer!
Portland, Oregon
“Nice little ice cream spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Service was good and the flavors were varied and yummy. Scoop sizes are good and given the wide range of ice cream prices a single scoop for $3.60 for a decent-sized scoop was a good deal.

Visited July 2014
Thanks so much for stopping into our store on your trip to the Cape! Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. Hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful rest of the summer.
Katie
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

While walking on the Main Street in Hyannis, Katie's homemade ice cream beckoned us inside to try the homemade treat.
Once inside we reviewed the board, chose a flavor and then surveyed the counter to determine the ordering protocol. It took us less than 2 minutes to see there was no protocol. Customers standing about, somewhat chaotically; a wait staff, of at least 5, either standing around or taking so much time "creating" a single scoop serving that after many minutes we walked out! We headed east, enjoyed not only delicious ice cream at the Sundae School in Dennis, but their well trained and supervised staff!, quite the opposite of the staff at Katie's!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Katie's I, Manager at Katie's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for bring this to our attention as it is very important that all our customers are served in a friendly and timely fashion without feeling rushed. Our sincere apologies from our staff.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Homemade ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been going to Katie's for several years and have always ordered "Cape Cod Sand" ice cream. It's a secret recipe and they won't tell you what's in it. When they opened this June I ordered the Sand but the flavor was different. I hope the go back to the original recipe.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jac D
Katie's I, Manager at Katie's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much and we appreciate your review and opinion. Unfortunately we are now making all of our flavors and ingredients from scratch and Cape Cod Sand is among them. We made the decision to cut out corn syrup, artificial ingredients and 30% of the sugar. We wanted real flavors with real ingredients we could stand behind. I understand you liked the original better but hopefully you'll continue to enjoy Katie's in the future.