“Delicious Ice cream!”

Katie's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Hyannis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Welcome to Katie's Ice Cream! Our ice cream is handmade in small batches using only all-natural dairy, fresh local & imported flavors, and real, natural ingredients. Enjoy!
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Highly recommend this ice cream, just delicious. Had it twice while we were in Hyannis for the weekend!

1  Thank Debra G

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had the raspberry chip yogurt and it was fabulous. A homemade ice cream place on Main Street. Very nice local place and pricey, but im sure its touristy.

2  Thank princessnoleah
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Cape Cod Sand ice cream...DEEEELICIOUS!!!!! New flavor of Caramel and Vanilla base with chocolate chip and bits of almonds. it was to die for. pretty generous portions...we loved it!!!

3  Thank steve f
Reviewed June 5, 2013

They a have a great ice cream,many different flavors. If you a fan of tropical flavors try the coconut one ,It's realy good. The staff was nice and friendly and keep up with the crowd, a must after a long day at the beach...

4  Thank GraciousVacationer
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was so excited by the smell of the place, but that quickly turned to disappointment. It was just cold and tasted more like the nasty brown cardboard paper bowl it was served in. Literally it took on the taste of the bowl.

It was supposed to be a hot fudge sundae. The hot fudge was okay but there was maybe a teaspoon of it on the thing. The two scoops of ice cream were so small. They barely put any whipped cream on it which was the only thing that gave it some taste, just a little on the top. I had the chocolate brownie and the cake batter. Both were flavorless except for two little brownie balls. Would never have ice cream there again. I would sooner eat brussel sprouts.

I asked my husband what he thought of his, without telling hime what I thought... thinking maybe it was just me... and he said the same -- totally tasteless. My 3 year old took a taste and wouldn't eat anymore - she kept turning her head away when I tried to give her more. What three year old won't eat ice cream? It was THAT bad.

There are other places on the strip - I didn't try them, but I can't imagine they could be any worse than this place.

Oh and when my husband asked him what the Sand flavor was... He wouldn't tell him.. said it was a secret or something. It didn't matter - it had no taste anyway.... the secret is - no taste I guess.

I gave two stars just because the place was cute and the little brownie balls, hot fudge and whipped cream were decent.

JHKimball, Manager at Katie's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at Katie's Ice Cream. We take your comments seriously and are making every effort to improve our service and product.