“Tasteless Cold Cream in a gross paper bowl” 2 of 5 bubbles

Katie's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Hyannis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We make all our ice cream daily on the premises using only the freshest and finest ingredients.
new york
“Tasteless Cold Cream in a gross paper bowl”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was so excited by the smell of the place, but that quickly turned to disappointment. It was just cold and tasted more like the nasty brown cardboard paper bowl it was served in. Literally it took on the taste of the bowl.

It was supposed to be a hot fudge sundae. The hot fudge was okay but there was maybe a teaspoon of it on the thing. The two scoops of ice cream were so small. They barely put any whipped cream on it which was the only thing that gave it some taste, just a little on the top. I had the chocolate brownie and the cake batter. Both were flavorless except for two little brownie balls. Would never have ice cream there again. I would sooner eat brussel sprouts.

I asked my husband what he thought of his, without telling hime what I thought... thinking maybe it was just me... and he said the same -- totally tasteless. My 3 year old took a taste and wouldn't eat anymore - she kept turning her head away when I tried to give her more. What three year old won't eat ice cream? It was THAT bad.

There are other places on the strip - I didn't try them, but I can't imagine they could be any worse than this place.

Oh and when my husband asked him what the Sand flavor was... He wouldn't tell him.. said it was a secret or something. It didn't matter - it had no taste anyway.... the secret is - no taste I guess.

I gave two stars just because the place was cute and the little brownie balls, hot fudge and whipped cream were decent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JHKimball, Manager at Katie's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at Katie's Ice Cream. We take your comments seriously and are making every effort to improve our service and product.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“To us it's the best on the Cape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

After sampling the same flavor at several of the Cape's ice cream shops (Cape Cod Creamery, Four Seas, Sundae School, and some others) Katie's was far and away the best. And Katie's has pleasant staff and a large array of very interesting flavors. Cape Cod Sand, which they say is their own secret, is especially good but chocolate is rich, pistachio is nut-studded and Cape Cod Mud is great too.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank CarolinaBecky
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yum!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

The smell of this place is just pronominal! From the moment you walk in you can already tell you're in for a treat! I had the coffee oreo and my husband had the coffee toffee, a small cone is more like a medium and the medium is more like a large, no skimping out here! And if you aren't 100% sure what you get, the staff is more than willing to allow you to taste test a few! Would recommend this as a stop during your Main Street shopping trip!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Valerie M
Winchester, MA
“Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love Katie's Homemade Ice Cream sundaes in the summer season. All kinds of flavors to choose from. Eat-in or on the patio.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Deborah B
Portland, Maine
“great ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

When I want to treat myself to ice cream this is where I go. Right on Main st, nice employees and a great selection.

Visited August 2012