“Great restaurant!”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and were promptly seated. Our waitress Natallia was wonderful and attentive. The bread and olive oil is to die for. I ordered a fresh lemonade. It was great! I had a burger (pretty good) and I really liked my salad. My hubby had a Waldorf salad and said it was delicious. Their fries are good too. The meals are reasonably priced. We will go again.

2  Thank 23KK28

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had seen a movie that afternoon, and decided to drive into Hyannis to walk around the Barnes and Noble bookstore. When we were done, we noticed the restaurant next door, and decided to check out the menu, We had never been to a "Not Your Average Joe's" before, and I had a "Phantom Gourmet" gift card that could be used there, so we sat down. The dense bread and dipping oil was DELICIOUS!! The menu had great choices, my husband had the clam chowder and I had the house salad, and we shared the coconut shrimp. Our drinks, fresh lemonade and root beer were great! Our waiter, Joshua, was a hoot, we had fun with him, and we will defintely return again.......

1  Thank Ellen O
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This restaurant offers a free main course and dessert of your choosing when you sign up on line. They even remind you by email of their offer and offer a ten day leeway if you can't go on your birthday. This has become a family tradition and have several birthday celebrations here a year. The menu is varied and interesting and always good. No one in our family has ever had a bad meal here. The staff always goes out of their way to accommodate you and treats you like royalty.
I cannot say enough about this interesting little restaurant tucked away in the Cape Cod mall.

1  Thank Tobikiko
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Reading all of the positive reviews of this place we decided to try it. The food was good but it wasn't something I would rant and rave about, or ooh and ahh over. It was good, not great, not bad, just good. The bread and dipping oil were the best part of the meal. I could've had just that for dinner and been happy. The service was great and attentive. If you are looking for a good place to eat, then come here. They are busy, so make a reservation, we did and didn't have to wait 30 minutes like everyone else. If I find myself back in Hyannis, I would come back.

1  Thank seminoleam
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have eaten here a dozen time and decided I just had to let folks know how consistently good it is.
Never a bad meal or unpleasant server.
You are recognized as soon as you're seated with a "be right with you".
Then they bring a basket of warm, dense bread with olive oil and cheese and spices.
The drink menu is great and always a special (queen bee margarita with honey and fresh squeezed lime juice yesterday).The pot stickers are delicious for an appetizer (for 2).
The crab cakes done as a BLT -yum!
Salad entrees and burgers also please.
They also have main dish entrees but I haven't tried them yet.
Can't go wrong with anything on the menu.
Summer time always busy, off season best time. There is a little patio for outside dining.