Simmons Homestead Inn
SeaCoast Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$109
Cape Codder Resort & Spa(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$159
$139
$229
$201
Doubletree.com
Hyannis Travel Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$100
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
Courtyard
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$95
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$209
$91
$89
Anchor In Hotel(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$234
Holiday Inn Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$222
$209
Orbitz.com
All reviewstoad hallwine hourcar museumsports carsback porchhuge backyardpet ownersold carsfresh fruitcape codcanopy bedrooms are clean and comfortableoff seasonmain stcatscollectionhomestay
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is our third stay here and 2nd for the Hyannis marathon race weekend. First Bill is he most delightful host/inn owner I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He is always full of smiles and great information. The Inn is lovely cute themed rooms. The backyard s fantastic and our dogs love staying there and going to the nearby beaches. The cats Bill has rescued don't come inside but they are so friendly and sweet and more than happy to let you pet them. They are all well behaved and clearly loved. We highly recommend this place!!

Room Tip: If you have a dg ask for the parrot room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed for 10 days will Bill and his lovely staff while visiting Cape Cod.
Was made very welcome and spent most of our time in Hyannis.
Bill was spot on with what to do where to go, we did not use a car and found walking, taxi, bus and using Bill's bikes to the beach great fun.
Not far from the beach which was very clean and good food was near by.
Bills breakfast set us up for the day and returning in the evening for a glass of wine occasionally was nice, sitting on the back porch watching the sun go down.
Our boys loved the cars and the cats and played a lot of pool.
We will be back at some point really enjoyed our stay.
Loved Hyannis especially the food.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house if you can its real cosy
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My son and I spent 3 nights in this bed and breakfast the weekend before Christmas 2011 while visiting family in the area. Bill and his staff were amazing and totally made us feel like we were at home from the moment we arrived. Coffee was always hot and ready when I was, and the atmosphere was very welcoming. We received a tour of the beautiful 19th century home, and were instructed to make ourselves at home and explore any area of the living space we wanted to. Each room has it's own bathroom, so we didn't have to worry about taking our toiletries down the hall to get ready for the day. And the car museum was awesome.

The beautiful scrapbooks/photo ablums on the coffee table in the great room told the rich history of this amazing home, from when it was built, all the way to the time Bill took over. And all the cats were extremely friendly. I would definitly recommend this to my family and friends!

Room Tip: We stayed in the servants quarters (room 9) and had our own patio. Great sleeping, comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful 3 night stay here! Can't get over the welcome we had from the start. This was planned "last minute" and, as we were looking for a "dog friendly" place, we didn't hold out high hope to get anything that I would be happy with! I'm very fussy with cleanliness and laundry being clean. We had the "Giraff room" on the main floor since our 12 year old lab can't handle stairs. Although small, we fit in just fine and actually left our door open since Oakley can wander in and out and greet the other dogs! It was amazing! We have never seen him so relaxed and happy! It was, after all his 12th Birthday while there so this made his stay!
Bill is a friendly, gentle "Innkeeper" who kept us well informed of places to see and how to get there! If he didn't know the answers, he would have them the following day! His breakfasts were tasty each day with fresh fruit and as much as you could eat! Coffee was always ready at 7a.m. He also made sure we had breakfast earlier than the others the day we left for our 11 hour trip home to Toronto! Thought that was very kind of him as he usually doesn't serve breakfast until after 8a.m.!
His cats were lovely and stayed out of the main house. They are lucky cats to have him to be loved by. They are healthy and all so beautiful! His car collection, although we didn't have a chance to tour, the ones we saw outside were gorgeous!
This was located "midtown" so it made it great to explore.
We Loved the "wine hour" at 5p.m.! It was something we looked forward to coming back and checking up with the other guests as well as one of the girls who served the wine and advised us of ideas for dinner! All the restaurants they recommended were fabulous!
We will definately come back another time to stay with Bill. He is so personable and a kind, caring man. You can tell Bill takes great pride of his lovely Inn and cares about his guests!
I didn't have a worry in the world about having to "check the sheets" for bugs like I do in high end hotels! I mentioned to my husband how clean everything was - even the towels!
The first ever sincere "dog friendly " Inn we have ever been to!
Oh yes! Bill had put together some "Information" booklets in the den which are really worth looking through! Information on the Kennedy Compound down the street, his cars, his life, the people that have been there, history of the Inn and so on! Also, a book of everyone that has ever stayed there! I actually found someone that lives just down the street from where we live! Small World!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NancyS55
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I don't usually do reviews but this place charmed the socks off us and I wanted to share our delightful experience at Simmons Homestead Inn. Altho this was our first visit, Bill, the superlative host, made us feel like cherished, long time guests. That warm welcome extended to our 9 year old Golden Retriever, Bear, who has traveled extensively with us since he was 10 weeks old. Bear is a Certified Therapy Dog and really enjoyed all the specialized attention he was getting on his vacation.

Faced with a spur of the moment decision to attend a dear friend's birthday party, I googled "pet friendly Hyannis" and made this amazing find. From our first phone conversation I knew this was going to be a unique experience and it didn't disappoint! We LOVED it and wished we'd had more time.

Bill has somehow managed to combine the grace and charm of an antique home with a very special sort of whimsical fun. And it works. Yes, there is "stuff" of a humorous nature everywhere and that's part of the enjoyment. No sterile, frou frou, too-perfect-to-touch place is this....just the kind of place that invites you to relax and smile at the absurd. The beautiful grounds allow one time to reflect on the laid back ambiance of Old Cape Cod....shoes off, sand between your toes and a tang of salt air to perfume the day. We know the Cape well and we were hooked!

We stayed in the Fish room in what was once the servant's quarters.....Bear loved the private enclosed patio and easy outdoor access. Bill makes his furry guests so welcome, right down to providing a clean coverlet for over the bedspread as he obviously knows that there isn't a Golden Retriever in this world who doesn't like a nap on the bed. When I worried he might bark when we went off, Bill just brushed that concern aside. He is truly a host who gives new meaning to the words "dog friendly".

Breakfast was a treat and once he knew my husband was a very early riser, he was up early to make coffee and tea available. Breakfast a la Bill was yummy and covered all the needs one could have to start the day including suggestions for what to do with that day if one wanted. We missed the wine hour as we had commitments but I have a feeling they were full of great conversation and camaraderie. What more could one ask?

As to those cats some folks have mentioned....they are healthy, well adjusted, uber-friendly and just delightful. You can tell that Bill dotes on his furry family, spoils them and has given them probably the best life a cat could ask for. They're all just beautiful and never showed any signs of aggression towards a dog invading their turf. Like Bill,, they were excellent hosts!

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the car collection. Let's just say that my husband, a car nut if ever there was one, thought he'd died and gone to sports car heaven. I have been to many car shows and museums over the years but none as delightfully displayed as these. Toad Hall is a "MUST SEE" when visiting Hyannis........it will boggle your mind! And don't miss that other collection of his......the single malt scotch....meticulously cataloged and neatly displayed in the guest friendly bar area. Talk about mind boggling!

Simmons Homestead Inn is ideally, and idyllically situated to enjoy the best of the Cape, the best of Hyannis and beaches a stones throw away. Bill is the consummate host and the Inn the kind of place that will appeal to those who try not to take life too seriously. Bring your dog.....Bear says he'll love it, as did we. Thank you Bill for making this rush trip of ours so relaxed and such fun. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family