“A hidden gem off of Main St. in Hyannis”

Caffe Gelato Bertini
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Hyannis
Good for: Families with children
Description: Artisan gelato (Italian style ice cream) made on premises. Full espresso bar. NOTE: SEASONAL BUSINESS open May - October).
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I am a big Ice Cream and Gelato fan. While walking down Main St. in Hyannis I found a sign pointing down a back street that simply says "Gelato". My curiosity got me to find the place after dinner, and boy was I floored. This small, neat, and colorful shack housed some fantastic Gelato and some pretty good coffee too!

I tried my usual Gelato staple, Hazelnut, which I usually use to gage a Gelato establishment. This was top notch. I also tried the Almond Fig. I was in absolute heaven. My son got the Chocolate Hazelnut, and the Sweet Cream, which were also remarkable.

The price is good. It seems a bit high, but the portions are more than generous. I would highly recommend this little back street treat for anyone wanting a little ice cold decadence.

1  Thank ESolomont

Reviewed August 31, 2009

The gelato is good, but probably only if compared to other ice creams in Hyannis.
The price paid is a bit above what it should be.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

This store is so quiet and unassuming among the clamor of tourist traps around Main Street Hyannis, but is a must-visit!
We found many so called gelato places in town, but no place has actual real gelato like this one. Their gelato recipe was passed down and translated from Italian and their product is all made in-house. Their flavors run from basic chocolate and fruits to exotic combinations and amazing tastes. Super creamy and super rich!
The staff was fantastic.... very very friendly and welcoming. After trying this gelato, you won't want to go anywhere else!

Reviewed June 11, 2009

this gelato is made fresh on the premises and the flavors are exquisite. i always have the hazelnut type one and it is something to savor. so much better quality than any regular ice cream and completely different to the bulk shipped in gelato at other local gelato purveyors. my only disappointment in when they are closed sometimes on holiday mondays - mondays are usually their day off but on a holiday weekend on the cape? come on! don't make us go without your gelato! and perhaps to have some more outdoor seating and umbrellas would be good for business. They also have an espresso machine.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 26, 2008

darn good gelato and the owners are wonderful hosts!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook