“Where did Hyannis go?”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Where did Hyannis go?”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have to say that I agree with another review in here that I felt almost unsafe walking in Hyannis. The main street is run-dwon and the shops look unkept. I realize that it was off-season but there the atmosphere felt "off". Although many stores and restaurants are closed duringthe off-season - the good things about Hyannis is that there are still some good restaurants that stay open during the off-season. Other areas of the Cape it is harder to come by open restaurants that are of the same quality.
Of course others areas of the Cape have been kept up to date and are much cleaner than Hyannis. I felt embarrased that this town is supposedly one ofthe better known attractions of Cape Cod and probably has more tourists visti during the "season".
I grew up in Massachsetts and have vistied many of the Cape towns during my life. I had not been to Hyannis is quite some time since we prefer other towns. I do not remember it being so dismal and it will be a long time before I visti again unless I hear that there has been some moderization and renovations for this famous Main STreet.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank NONAME567_12

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A family favourite!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First off, let me start by saying that I have travelled to the Cape 7 times. Each time we go, we are sure to make a trip to Main Street Hyannis for dinner, shopping and an evening out. There are so many great little shops, ice cream stops and resturants, its sure to please any type of group. It's one of my favourite places on the Cape, along with Mayflower Beach, P-town, kayaking on the Bass River and the great food at Seafood Sam's.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cara S
Margate, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A must visit”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Love the stores and restaurants. Jewelcraft has great jewelry been there 38 years. Jeweler on site. Can walk to beach or marina. Fun to walk and a lot of times in summer events hsppening

Visited January 2014
Orlando, Florida
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Cute!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a spring/summer attraction only. Winters up here are dreadful and most of the shops will be closed. But in the summer is is a lovely area for a stroll! There are many overpriced shops to browse and lots of nice places to eat and drink.

Visited June 2013
South Windsor, Connecticut
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cute! Better to visit during warmer months.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This street has many shops to visit, but unfortunately many were closed during our visit. We expected that as it was December and their off-season.

Visited December 2013