“Broke my kid's heart”

Pirate Adventures Hyannis
Ranked #4 of 19 Tours in Hyannis
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures is an interactive voyage on the Sea Gypsy that's fun for kids and parents alike. After face painting, dress-up, and tattoos, our new "crew" members embark on an action packed treasure hunt around the waters of Lewis Bay. Along with the regular pirate crew they search for clues, find secret messages, fight a swashbuckling water battle, and end the trip with "timber-shivering" music and revelry. Come join the fun! For reservations call 508-394-9100.After this trip your kids will be singing..."it's a pirates life for me"!
Middletown, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Broke my kid's heart”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We had made reservations a week prior for a 10:45 cruise on a Monday, since it was on our way off the Cape. On the Saturday before, we decided to see if we could switch to the 12:15 cruise instead. They called me back on Monday morning at 7:30 and said, 'no problem. we'll switch you to that cruise'. They called back an hour later and said that they were canceling the 12:15 cruise and that all the other cruises were sold out for the day except for after 3pm, including the one we had just switched from an hour ago. They stated they were canceling for weather, though ALL the other cruises that day went out and it was a beautiful sunny day. They also said that we were the only people on that cruise (a party of 5).

So - first off - tell the truth. Don't say you're canceling for weather. Secondly, don't let us switch and say no problem and then cancel the cruise!

My child and his cousin (3 and 4 years old) had been carrying around the pamphlet for 3 days. They cried and didn't understand why they couldn't go on the pirate adventure. We were leaving the Cape that day.

It was extremely rude and when I told them they basically screwed us out of a ride for the kids, she said 'no, you screwed yourself when you switched your reservation'. How's that for customer service?

16 Thank Middletown_Mom23

• Hebrew first
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do not hesitate to treat your kids to this fun jaunt!”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Absolutely the highlight of our summer and we have already been to Disney! We took our 4 year old daughter and she loved every moment of it. The crew were brilliant and extremely safety conscious. Other reviewers have done an excellent job on describing in more detail what actually happens during the hour long cruise but I was amazed at how well the crew held the children's attention regardless of the difference in ages. I honestly thought it would be cringe worthy for the adults, but actually both my husband and I were hugely entertained by it all. Absolutely worth the money and time to drive to Hyannis. Over the years, I have shelled out a lot of cash entertaining the kids but this really was the best value for money and entertainment.

3 Thank 617Boston
Floral Park, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“ABSOLUTE MUST DO”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The Pirate Cruise was one of the high points of our family's trip to Hyannis.

The crew did an absolutely bang up job – from the moment we arrived they were attentive to the kids, kept them engaged throughout, and really played the part. A week later, the kids are still talking about the Captain, Slash, and Mags. We’ve been to various themed activities over the last few years, but from a Parent’s perspective as well this one ranks at the top.

3 Thank thecelt17
Florham Park, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A "Must Do" In Hyannis!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2008

After reading such rave reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to take our 2 children (3 & 6) on this excursion. It is worth every penny!! Not cheap at $21/pp regardless of age -- but I can't recall getting such value for our money. The "props" are delightful, with vests, bandana hats, and face painting (at 42 yrs of age I even had a moustache painted on my face!). Once on the boat the children are more than captivated by the quest to find the buried treasure. The staff really get into their role, and the hour files by. For the adults it's continuous laughter over the creative adventure, and we even got to shoot water cannons at another staffer (the pirate "Slash") who's stranded on a drifting boat. What a blast! Hat's off to the owner of this idea. It's a memory I will not forget, and something every person (young and old alike) will thoroughly enjoy. You even get the benefit of seeing the harbor and amazing homes on the shoreline by boat. It started raining during our trip which placed a slight damper on the trip, but the wonderful staff lifted everyone's spirits and made you forget it was wet/chilly. Reservations strongly encouraged, and try to pick a warm/sunny day. You will not forget it!

1 Thank StaW
Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic fun!”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We took our 2 children (age 2 and 5) on the Sea Gypsy after reading these reviews , and we are so happy we did!. First , they loved putting on the vests, necklaces and face painting. It made them really get into the mood. Next we boarded the ship and the deckhands explained to the children the safety rules. They had to put together a puzzle, which was the treasure map. Next they took the oath of pirates and searched for sea monsters in the water. Suddenly you come upon a pirate named Slash on a boat out in the water , and he wants to battle ...hurry kids---we must raise the battle flag! All the children chant "heave,ho!" and raise the jolly roger. Next they shoot him with water cannons. We find the "X" in the water and hoist up a treasure from the sea! The kids share the booty. The time sailing back is spent drinking pirate grog and doing the limbo. Total ride is a little over an hour. My kids are still playing pirate and want to be pirates for Halloween now. It was a blast!

2 Thank Melissa N