“THE BEST IN CAPE COD ....”

Cape Cod Ocean Manor
Ranked #1 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Hereford, United Kingdom
“THE BEST IN CAPE COD ....”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Cape Cod Ocean Manor , many times over the last 10 yrs while I was living in NYC Martin and his daughter Ashley and staff are amazing !!!!!!! 5 stars I have stayed with my partner , alone and taken friends with me . The rooms are clean and tidy its cozy and private 2 mins from the ocean , and downtown Hyannis also walking distance to the Martha Vineyard Ferry This is this the 1st year in the last 10 years I will not begoing to Cape Cod as I move back to the UK but I will go back xx

Room Tip: Room 2 is my fave as its facing the deck and you can take your morning coffee and sit on the deck I...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The place was great and Martin is fabulous. Everyone who worked there was incredibly nice and helpful. I would definitely go back! The rooms were clean and nice. The atmosphere was very homey and cozy - Martin and the rest of the crew treated us like family. There were books and games to entertain, but we were mostly out of the house enjoying the rest of the Cape. We caught fish on a fishing trip and Martin let us cook them up in the kitchen that night. I'd advise people to figure out what they want to do on the Cape and try to find a place to stay that is as central to those activities as possible, since driving around took a while and traffic was terrible... But for our purposes Hyannis was centrally located and convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Cape Cod Ocean Manor with 2 other couples, and we had an absolutely fantastic time. The bed and breakfast was in a great location, close to the center of Hyannis, and in a great spot on the Cape. It was easy to get to towns both on both the east and west sides of the Cape. The rooms were large, clean, and had pretty views. The breakfast was yummy. Martin, the owner, was very hospitable, helpful, and friendly! I would definitely stay at Cape Cod Ocean Manor again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Mr. Martin, and crew - all of them were just plain spectacular. We travel 2 to 3 times a year to various vacation spots looking for someone as Mr. Martin (and his staff) and quaint little places like the Cape Cod Manor. In all our travel experiences, we have never found someone who treated us (2 adults and 3 kids - 12, 8, and 4 years) as family. Breakfast was simple, elegant, and filling. The carrot cake (baked every day, I think) was tasty. The entire crew went out of their way to make sure we were 1. comfortable, 2. taken care of and 3. advised to do the best thing this area had to offer. Very, very pleased with the experience to the point where I am suggesting people to go to the Cape Cod Manor just to see what hospitality is really about. Dude is Irish - so what else do you expect :).

Room Tip: We stayed at Room #5 - found it to be very roomy for all 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids). View was ni...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shashi G
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The best thing about this place are the people. Martin the owner is the nicest man you would ever meet. He was extremely helpful offering us a ride to town very early in the morning even when he had a late night with his band the night before. We really appreciate this Martin! Claire was also wonderful helping us with schedules and printing tickets for us, thank you so much, you made us feel right at home. The place is strategically located close to the ferry if you plan on visiting the islands. The rooms are very charming and clean. We highly recommend this place, it should be #1!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Last month, my cousins/my wife/myself stayed here for a few days on our way to Boston. I can not say enough about Martin, the Irish innkeeper. He was a delight. Extremely helpful especially given our first time to the Cape. Although the breakfast is continental with no hot dishes, they were still very good. The staff is pleasant/friendly/helpful. The location is close to beach/ferrys/downtown is within walking distance. The room was nice/clean/quaint. There's always tea/coffee available & the entryway contains plenty of information on things to do. Would go back in an Irish minute.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FRANK R
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I went here for part of our honeymoon, and it was a great choice for the value! Martin is a talkative and super nice guy. He is offers anything he can, including rides into town. Kalamus beach, which is a calm inlet beach, is a five minute walk from the B&B. Veteran's Memorial beach is also close, but its a bit busier and smellier because it faces the port and fishing. Our room was simple and clean, and the balcony overlooks the marsh where a bazillion different kinds of birds nest. The ocean could also be seen from afar in our particular room. The balcony was surprisingly unbuggy, I think the constant breeze on one side of the house sweeps them away. Breakfast was simple but good. We did have a minor ant problem, as beach area properties may have more bugs. I had left an open container from a sweet coffee drink on a table near a window and the ants attacked. But after removing the offending item and a quick spray of ant killer near the window, we didn't see an ant the rest of the days. My husband and I are not fussy people, so that solution was just fine. Martin and his staff were all super nice, and even gave us a small congratulatory gift after finding out it was our honeymoon. For the price (relative to other B&Bs), beach convenience and cleanliness, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miriam_I1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Cape Cod Ocean Manor? Share your experiences!