“Lobster lovers beware \ Un homard dispendieux”
Review of Fresh Ketch

Fresh Ketch
Ranked #28 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Fresh Ketch, located on Cape Cod in downtown Hyannis, you will find a high-quality dining experience in a comfortable, light and nautical atmosphere. We are a seasonal restaurant, open daily from April-October. The menu specializes in American cuisine, using as many local and housemade ingredients as possible. We offer a variety of options for the seafood lover, including lobster, seafood stew, crab cakes, a raw bar, and award winning clam chowder. The menu also features soups and salads, as well as many steak, pasta and chicken dishes. Fresh Ketch is a family-friendly restaurant, with a full kids' menu, and every kids' meal is served on a Frisbee. Our unique aquariums are "reef tanks" that recreate a coral reef ecosystem, provide constant entertainment for children. With 4 dining rooms, there is always room for any size group without prior reservations and we can host functions for up to 200 people. There is also a full bar and lounge where we host karaoke Friday and Saturday nights and live entertainment on Thursdays and Sundays. Our two patios provide a great outdoor dining experience for all of those beautiful Cape Cod days. And our on-site parking always makes a visit to Fresh Ketch on Main Street easy and convenient.
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lobster lovers beware \ Un homard dispendieux”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I took the 3 pounds lobster at 39.99$ on the menu and ended up with a less than 2 pounds lobster.
Beeing an avid lobster eater for more than 40 years, I am pretty good at gessing lobster weight Talking with the waitress about it was to no avail. Desappointing.
Jean Grand'Maison
Quebec
J'ai commande un homard de 3 livres (1 500 g) et obtenu un homard de moins de 2 livres (1 000 g). J'ai fait la remarque a la serveuse mais le proprio s'en fiche pas mal. Tres decu.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jean G

Milford, Michigan
“GREAT FOOD, SERVICE LACKING”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

stopped by after walking aournd town. food was great, service was poor. lack of reasonable followup stops. server did not seem too interested to know how we were doing

• Visited August 2014
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Average food, average service, good prices”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Upon arriving to Fresh Ketch the hostess seated us right away. Around 10 minutes later we had yet to see our server, until the hostess had seated another table and realized she forgot to tell anyone we were there... Our server finally arrived, and was apologetic and very attentive. We received our chowder within two minutes of ordering it, and our food not long after that (so I realize they put a high priority after making a mistake).
The chowder was good, but certainly not great, and did not have that homemade taste to set it apart from every other chowder in New England. I had the broiled seafood platter, and the other half had the baked stuffed shrimp. Both dishes were good, the seafood platter had nothing to set it apart from anybody else; however, the shrimp were stuffed with the stuffing found in stuffed quahogs and was good for a change from the ordinary.
The prices were good for New England seafood, and great for the Cape! If we went back to the area we would certainly give Fresh Ketch another try.

Visited August 2014
Washington
“Amazing Lobster Bisque Soup!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I'm so glad that we followed our nose to Fresh Ketch. We couldn't decide where to eat while walking along Main Street, when suddenly this amazing aroma hit our noses. I told my husband that we should eat at Fresh Ketch because I was sure that was were the amazing smell was coming from. Boy were we glad we chose Fresh Ketch for our evening meal! So many wonderful choices. I chose my all time favorite Lobster Bisque Soup, and it was amazing! I could taste every note of sherry and cream in the soup. I moaned through the entire first course. The lady next to our table asked what I had ordered. I told her and she asked the waitress to bring her the same Lobster Bisque soup! She loved it too! Then when the main course came the 3 lb lobster, I was in love. Needless to say, we returned the next night to try more of the menu, and of course I had to start off with the amazing Lobster Bisque Soup again. Great meal. Going back for more to celebrate my husband's 50th Birthday and our 20th Wedding Anniversary, next month!

• Visited September 2013
“excellent in every way”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My son and I dined at Fresh Ketch on Main Street. The restaurant is well-decorated with ocean-related paintings or objects. The sense of humor and originality manifested themselves in a big cup of beach sand, which sits besides salt and pepper. The cod and the scallop we ordered were fresh and delicious. The waiters were nice and hard-working, and provided us with bread twice. It cost $50, including tips.

Visited August 2014