“A wonderful weekend getaway”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I were looking for a weekend getaway on the cape. After reading reviews of multiple places, we decided on the Green Mountain Inn. What a great decision! Nick and Mike were fantastic- so helpful about everything on the cape, from directions to places to see and they were super fun to talk to. The room was nice, the house was pretty, and the breakfasts were great (they made our omelets to order and had real Vermont maple syrup with the pancakes)! Our only complaint was that the bed was harder than we were used to and there were some weird noises that woke us up. But overall, everything was wonderful and we plan on going back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kbf2104

Reviewed November 30, 2009

The Inn is set back enough from the main road to be relaxing and practically at the edge of the ocean. It is close to all the attractions and market places. The owners are excellent cooks along with being very accomodating. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank krazldy
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Green Mountain Inn is located within easy walking distance of the ocean and Barnstable Beach access, but in a quiet neighborhood of Hyannis, (a bustling center of tourism). A quaint historic building, very pleasant rooms, superb breakfasts, and very amiable hosts. For instance, I was directed to a perfect alternate road, winding through some beautiful residential areas of old Cape Cod, tidal estuaries, and even small farms that took me where I wanted to go, but without the traffic and boring aspects of the highway. Nice opportunity to meet some convivial guests, (a couple from Australia), during breakfast on the deck.

When departing I was given very exact instructions on how to avoid the congestion at one of the bridges that is being repaired, plus a "breakfast to go" as I was leaving quite early. I had intended to forego breakfast, but a very tasty breakfast sandwich and coffee was waiting for me in the morning.

Also, I found the owners to be very honest in describing their accommodations. I wanted a first floor room, and was warned twice that the bathroom was very small. It was small, though the bedroom itself was very spacious. Apparently the upstairs bathrooms are larger. The point being that I was given the opportunity to make a choice.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Our last leg of our trip to Cape Cod was one we will always remember. The Green Mountain Inn is everything the reviews say about it. Nick & Mike are great hosts and cooks. They told us great sites to visit and restaurants to eat at. The Inn itself is quaint and very clean. It is in a great location too. Thanks to Mike & Nick our trip to the Cape will always be a great memory.
Dale & Linda
Wayne & Wendy
Green Bay, Wisconsin

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Stayed here for out first time on the Cape, and selected it based on other reviews. How glad we were! As noted elsewhere, Nick & Mike are fantastic hosts. This was the last stop on a 2 week tour round New England, and is certainly up there with the best, especially at the price. All the good things have been said before, the breakfasts, the trip advice - it's all spot on.
We loved a walk on the beach after breakfast, even on the morning Ted Kennedy died, when a TV crew had set up in the car park (it felt like we were where the news was happening that day), and another morning we were delighted to see 2 ospreys hunting in the lagoon behind the beach road.
Only down side, was the tiny bathroom, but as Mike said when we checked in, "it's small but clean"! However, this is a very minor point but stops the full 5 stars for room.
We would certainly stay here should we pass this way again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

the hosts are friendly and genuinely helpful. they keep the rooms clean, make a great breakfast, and maintain an incredible garden. my cape cod b&b experience at green mountain surpassed all my expectation.

as an aside, the Paddock is an excellent restaurant nearby

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Believe all the reviews - Mike & Nick are great as your hosts to Cape Cod. As our first visit to the Cape, they helped us plan our trips each day. We even ran into them while looking for sharks in Chatham! And they will shuttle you to & from the ferry for day trips to the Vineyard & Nantucket. They are even reachable by cell phone at any hour of the day, which I've never seen before in the hotel industry!
Mike cooks a hearty warm breakfast each day while Nick entertains - be sure to make him laugh, it's infectious! The serene koi pond tops off beautifully kept grounds.
The service they provided was above & beyond what I expected. They are 2 genuinely nice guys who go out of their way to make sure your stay on the Cape is perfect. They make you feel like their friends from the first second you step on the property.
Do not miss an opportunity to stay with them!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple