“Green Mountain Inn - home away from home”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Green Mountain Inn - home away from home”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I took a quick getaway to Hyannis on Cape Cod and stayed 3 nights at the Green Mountain Inn. From Mike's friendly greeting, to Nick's delicious breakfasts, to fun and helpful conversations with other guests, and of course the dogs -- it was a great weekend. We found the Inn to be very conveniently located - take a left out of the driveway and it is a short walk to the beach; take a right and there is a convenience store and it is an easy walk to Main Street where there are many shops and restaurants. We stayed in the Brewster Room which is at the top of a narrow staircase and was very private and quite - we loved it. We spent a good deal of time in the back yard and on the deck or covered front porch and with the dogs of the house - Duke and Jagger - beautiful standard poodles. We always miss our 2 dogs when we go away, but Duke and Jagger fulfilled our need for a fur fix.They were part of the reason we chose to try the Inn. Breakfast each morning was great, and Nick was great about adjusting the offering to accommodate special dietary needs. We really didn't need anything else to eat until dinnertime. Activity and restaurant recommendations from Mike and Nick, as well as other guests, were great. It was wonderful to talk with the other guests who came from many different places, including the UK, Chicago, and Pennsylvania. It was especially good and refreshing to talk w/Julia and Simon from the UK who had traveled on many occasions to the US and were so enthusiastic about their travels in the States. We tend to forget about all our country has to offer; it was good to see it thru their eyes.

Thank you Mike and Nick (and Duke & Jagger) for a wonderful stay. The only downside was that it was only 3 nights. Look forward to returning on a future trip to the Cape.

Room Tip: The Brewster Room is at the top of a narrow, rather steep staircase with a turn at the top, so would...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Green Mountain Inn August 7-10. Staying at a bed and breakfast was a first for the both of us so we werent sure what to expect. I have to say Mike and Nick made our first experience great and set a very high bar for any other B&B that we may stay at in the future.
From the greeting in the parking lot to the help with your luggage, Mike and Nick just give you that warm "family" feeling. Take their advice on where to shop, eat, ferry rides, etc. They never steered us wrong. It was almost as though we went there with an idea of what we wanted to do and they just filled in the blanks for us-thank you!!
Breakfast in the morning couldnt have been better. It was so relaxing to enjoy your morning coffee and chat with the other guests.
All in all this is the perfect location, walking distance to the beach and a quick drive to Main Street Hyannis.
Keep up the superb work guys and we look forward to staying with you again in the future!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I moved to the US as a young adult, so I am constantly searching for places that remind me of home. Coming to Cape Cod and staying at the Green Mountain Inn was definitely like a homecoming. It started with the pick up from the transportation center at Hyannis--- and arriving at our room at the inn definitely made me feel at home. Our room was in the first floor with one side bordered by the covered porch - can't get any homier than that! The room was clean and even had a mini fridge, wine glasses and a bottle opener. Our bed was comfortable and you can use the A/C wall unit if you're feeling hot. The bathroom was small, but it was very clean and you had a sink with running water, a toilet and a shower with hot water. Our room was also cleaned everyday (a perk I don't get at home! haha).

I'm big on breakfast, and the they did not disappoint! Those home fries...they will be forever etched in my mind. Sitting at a table in the porch munching on lemon blueberry pancakes, reading a book on the hammock, or waking up from your afternoon nap on the adirondack chairs by the koi pond- all great memories. Sea Street beach is a super short 5-minute walk away. It doesn't get very crowded and there is free sunblock in the beach bath house! Main Street Hyannis is a 10-minute walk with a bunch of restaurants to choose from. The Sea Street Market is a small convenience store just across the street from the Inn and they have a small selection of decent wines and beers. Perfect for a last minute night cap after dinner in Main Street. We took a day trip to Nantucket and Nick drove us to the port to catch our ship to the island.

What made this home for me was being treated like family by the owners of the inn, Nick and Mike. I've stayed in hotels - both budget and blow-your-budget types - but staying at B&Bs always made me happy. Staying at Green Mountain definitely did and I left feeling more aligned with myself and with the world. There aren't a lot of places that can do that.

1 Thank Wendy S
Spring Branch, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I chose this B & B from reviews on Trip Advisor & they did not disappoint! We knew we were going to spend a day each @ Nantucket & Vineyard so the location was good for catching the ferries. We spent four nights at the Inn & wish we could have spent more time at the Inn itself. It's so peaceful & the setting is beautiful with all the flowers & the Koi pond. Breakfast is included & is the best I've had at any B & B's. It's served on the shaded deck overlooking the flowered grounds. Mike & Nick are excellent hosts & when we left I felt we were saying goodbyes to friends. They are very accommodating & helpful with info on the area when needed. They also let me spend time with their 2 beautiful dogs which was great cause I was missing mine. We're hoping to go back again next year, if we lived closer (we're in Texas) we'd go every summer weekend.

1 Thank DeborahG456
NYC
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I just enjoyed our second stay at green mountain inn. We cant say enough about Mike and Nick, great hosts. They are very welcoming and very helpful. The B and B is conveniently located to the beach and to main street, hyannis. We had an overall relaxing and chilled weekend..thanks guys..awesome breakfast also.
Mike & Frances NYC

1 Thank FRANCES B
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Green Mountain came highly recommended by Rachel Rone and Bob Topor. the Inn exceeded our expectations. Mike and Nick who own the Inn are a great couple of guys who go the extra mile. The are extremely pleasant, helpful and just fun guys. It is obvious their objective is focused on their guests but in a very special and most comfortable manner. We shall return!
Art and Diane, Chicago, Illinois

Room Tip: We booked the Orleans space. A little more then we needed but we are spoiled
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The rooms are beautifully decorated and immaculate. The hearty breakfasts they serve are so delicious! The owners, Mike and Nick, will go above and beyond to make your stay at the Green Mountain Inn a memorable one. They are such warm and giving people with a great sense of humor. We have stayed at other Inns on Sea Street but after staying at their place, we won't go anywhere else. I wish there were more than just five stars that we could give them.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple