“Wonderful, fun place in Hyannis!”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful, fun place in Hyannis!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Green Mountain Inn was absolutely lovely! Mike and Nick were gracious, wonderful hosts (as are their standard poodles Duke and puppy Jagger). Their wonderful senses of humor and enthusiasm to show you the Cape created a warm and fun atmosphere on top of what already was a warm and fun atmosphere at the GMI. Our room was very clean and was well tended to daily. Breakfasts were consistently outstanding (love those homefries!) and changed daily. The place is right down the street from the beach and a short driving distance away from the middle of downtown Hyannis with ample parking right outside the place for all. The house has a nice large yard, a large porch, a koi pond, and a hammock for spending down time. GMI is easily located near the major routes within the Cape. If you're in the Cape looking to stay midpoint from everything, this is definitely the place to be!

High points:
1. Hosts Mike and Nick (and Duke and Jagger) were personable, accommodating, and fun!
2. Location, location, location!
3. Delicious breakfasts!

Low points:
None!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Howard H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked the green mountain based on the trip advisor reviews and yes it is that good. In fact we extended our stay! Its hard to say why everyone hare likes the place, yes its a great location, yes the dogs are great and yes the breakfast experience is Fab but its something extra.

We stayed in Hyannis between visiting friends in NY and i think the X factor of staying with Nick and Mike is that it is just like staying with friends, they are pleased to have you there and want you to have a good time but without overstepping the mark. The dogs get a lot of mention on here and they are Fab Jagger is one step from a cuddly toy but, and this is a big one for me, they are always under control and if you don't like dogs they will be kept at arms length by Nick at all times. I like dogs and Nick was happy to let us spend time playing with them on the decks.

I also have to say that on the first morning Nick asked us what we wanted to do on the cape, he listened and then gave us some advice, maps and timetables. We followed his advice and were never dissapionted. We will return and I would reccomend it to a friend. Thanks Nick, Mike, Duke and Jagger for one of the best holidays we have had.

4 Thank mikewinedrinker
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Well, let me begin with this...I am not the review writing sort, so this is my first, mainly because I feel Green Mountain Inn deserves it! My husband and I went for a long weekend trip to Cape Cod. This was our first B&B experience, and we absolutely loved it! We would go back and stay at Green Mountain Inn any day.

The pros: 1. CLEAN (ny main concern was cleanliness). Beautiful room and property.
2. Mike and Nick (the owners) were so friendly and helpful, and made every effort to make our trip comfortable, advice us where to go, what to see/do. I really felt we were one big family (including another couple visiting from England).
3. Mike's pancakes: every morning, we were served a wonderful breakfast, but for me, Mike's pancakes took the cake!

Cons: ummm.... have to think!

Thanks Mike and Nick, for a wonderful experience!

2 Thank Pallavi G
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Initially only going to stay one night we ended up staying three. This Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful 162 plus year old home that is meticulously maintained. Mike and Nick make for great hosts explaining the surrounding area, places and things to do as well as restaurant suggestions. Our room was very clean. We stayed in the Carriage house so the area was very spacious. The bed room was large with a kitchenette, full size refrigerator and personal bathroom.

We whale watched in Provincetown and toured Martha's Vineyard during our stay and had plenty of other touristy things to do. The beach is only a quick 5 minute walk and is great for those who want to sun and swim. Kennedy compound is only a 20 minute walk so great for those who want to have a quick photo opportunity.

We would definitely stay here again.

Lisbeth & Tom
Seagrove FL

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this delightful B&B. Mike and Nick made us feel very welcome right from the start and gave us helpful tips on local places of interest and best deals. Loved the homemade breakfasts served outside on the patio (the oatmeal/apple pancakes were superb) We had a really happy stay, all the other guests were very sociable and we enjoyed the friendly banter over breakfast. Very handy location for the beach. Thoroughly recommend the Green Mountain Inn for a happy & relaxing holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my first experience at a B&B and i have to say if i ever stay at another B&B I have very high expectations. The room my boyfriend and i stayed in was so cozy i just felt like i was staying at a friends beach house. The breakfast was also excellent. The Baked French Toast was a great breakfast to end my trip on. As for Nick and Mike I forgot they were even the owners of the Inn as the conversations we had made me feel as if we had known them forever. They took interest in what we had planned for our trip and even what our interests were outside of the trip. I looked forward to seeing them every time i came back to the inn. Another great part of this Inn was Duke their Standard Poodle. He is such a friendly and lovable dog and it was great because i was missing my dog so i got my puppy fix. Overall this was one of the best trips i have ever been on and it had a lot to do with staying at this inn. The only thing i wished i took advantage of was sitting outside on the wrap around porch outside our room but we definitely took advantage of the main deck. I can not wait to return next summer and catch up with Mike, Nick and Duke. I would recommend this Inn to anyone but not too many because i do not want them to take my room for when i want to go there. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Webster, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I thought I had written my review already but apparently it did not go through. My boyfriend and I stayed at the Green Mountain Inn from July 22-24. This was a 30th birthday present for him. We both wanted a nice, clean and homey place to stay and that is exactly what we found at this Inn. Nick and Mike were absolutely wonderful and their dog Duke was awesome. He was so friendly and just added something to our stay there. We stayed in the Brewster room which had a private bath and was very cozy and comfortable. The homemade breakfast served each morning was just awesome and very filling. I had ordered a cake as a surprise for Mike's b-day (my boyfriends name is Mike as well) and they went and picked it up for me from the bakery and placed it in our room for when we got back from the b-day dinner. Again these two guys are just great. Nick's family was visiting from Vermont and we hung out with them both nights just having some drinks and chatting. It really is like a home away from home.

There is a nice private beach right down the road about 5 minutes walking. Main street is just a 5 minute drive with great shops and restaurants to explore. My boyfriend and I had agreed that even though we both live in Massachusetts we want to make it a tradition every year to stay at this wonderful Inn. the price is right and the host are the best. What more can you ask for. Thanks Mike and Nick for a great and rememberable stay. See you some time next year :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn

Been to Green Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!