While traveling throughout New England we booked 2 night at this hotel. This Holiday Inn is above all others in regards to the staff's willingness to help, the manager's personal involvement with customer challenges and the overall look of the facility.
Everything is great until you are ready to lay down for a night of rest. On the first night, at about 10:00 p.m., as soon as my wife got in bed the mattress sunk in as if it didn't have any coils and she found herself in a "ditch". She then tried my side, same results. She then thought, perhaps in the middle since we have a king size bed. Nope, same result. We called the front desk and within 15 minutes a replacement mattress was brought in. The manager even came and with the assistance of another employee made the bed all over. Unfortunately, the replacement mattress was not much better than the one removed.
The AC unit made a ticking noise even when not running! Then there is the switch-level night light that can not be turned off and brightens the area by the room entrance. A bit hard to sleep with the light on!
It is a good thing that we were there only two nights. Holiday Inn needs to replace the mattresses, do PM on the AC units and provide for a night light that can be turned off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest addition to Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Located on Cape Cod Hyannis, MA, home of the JFK Memorial. The Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis Hotel, is conveniently located to US-6 and Route 132. The hotel is 5 minutes from Barnstable Regional Airport (HYA). This beautiful property is located between Cape Cod Bay and Nantucket Sound. We are surrounded by breathtaking views, historic charm and fine dining. Only minutes from Hyannis which boasts the area's largest concentration of businesses, shops, restaurants, and entertainment spots. In the main street and waterfront district you'll find Hyannis Harbor, the Village Green, the JFK Hyannis Museum, the JFK Memorial Park, and much more. This contemporary, stylish hotel offers 196 spacious guest rooms where you may select from a king, or two double beds. Special in-room amenities include complimentary wireless high-speed Internet, 27-inch television, movie channels, in room games and in room safe. Bi-level, Jacuzzi suites are also available. The Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis Hotel features full meeting facilities, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool, business services, lounge and restaurant. Hyannis hosts a variety of attractions including; Craigville Beach, Kalmus Beach, Orrin Keyes Beach, Veterans Beach, JFK Memorial, John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, golf courses, Cape Cod Central Railroad, and Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Hyannis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hyannis Hotel Hyannis
- Hyannis Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hyannis Cape Cod, MA