“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Baltimore, MD
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights after original vacation plans collapsed and we had to scramble to salvage what we could... Hotel was clean, comfy and centrally located. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great beds and refreshing shower.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bkava

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
CT
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed 3 nights in a loft room - king size bed bottom level with full bath - on 2nd level there was another TV, mini fridge (fridge is inside the upstairs TV case - took me a day to find this), jacuzzi tub an open bath area and a balcony with chairs and table. Only thing missing was a microwave.

Negatives - the price was too high; its not a brand new facility which you can tell by the hallways and lobby but the bathrooms in my room were recently renovated; the maid came late to clean the room one day and the next day she started late again so I told her to skip my room as it was raining and I wanted to hang out in my room.

I liked that you had to use a key card to open the door for outer hallway for security purposes. There was free wireless and lots of TV options for pay-for movies. I thought the lobby was fine - but it didn't look anything like the professional pictures from expedia. I didn't notice any smell in the lobby but I didn't hang out there too long - the lobby is a bit dated and not extravagant but for a Holiday Inn it was nice enough. I went to the front desk multiple times in person and called a few times. I'm reading some reviews on the front desk issues - I didn't experience any of their issues.

The covered pool was really nice. Nice temperature. They had a life guard on duty. Pool was big and clean. Nice hot tub.

We went to breakfast buffet one morning. Really like it. They have us a free voucher for our 9 yr old.

Plenty of parking and you can walk to the next parking lot to Olive Garden restaurant.

Next time I stay in this area I'd probably look to stay at another hotel for lower cost but if this hotel offered me a really good deal I'd go back.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here very much. It was close to the ferry. All of the employees, especially at the desk were extremely friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was delicious. The hallways look like a boat, but our room was wonderful with a fireplace and jacuzzi. The lobby and bar area are beautiful. There is a very nice indoor pool and outside deck area. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy G
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Upon our arrival, the staff at the front desk were very robotic..never once smiled or friendly. The rooms were nothing special, it was small and cluttered for 4 people to share. The washroom had no ventilation fan and the rooms smelled of mildew. On the morning of checkout, at 9 am, the maid proceeded to enter our room without knocking while my family and I were in the process of getting dressed. When we asked the maid what time checkout was, she advised rudely that checkout was at 11 am but she needed to clean the room. We asked for extra towels, she never returned.

My family and I will not be returning back to this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

First time on Cape Cod and I was thrilled...until I walked into the hotel. Lots of staff at the desks (expecting a crowd....I am sure at this time of year). All young gals...but guess what? So not friendly and welcoming. There were so many I wasn't sure who to walk up to until one gal..perfunctarily (sp) said hello. Yes...ok great. I was recognized as a Gold member and given details about the hotel and the keys. Off to the parking lot to drive to the correct/most convenient door to my room. Excited it was on the 1st floor. I opened the door to the lobby with my nice lil key card and stepped into...THE WORST LOBBY ODOR ever! It smelled like a cross between dog and baby poop. I was literally gagging. Ok...compose yourself (I said to myself) and opened the door to my room. I could breathe again! Yay. Thank goodness the odor was confined to the lobby...until..I used the restroom. There wasn't a ventilation fan so the smell was less than pleasant (sewage maybe). Oh but wait...the windows actually opened and I was able to air out the room. I eventually just had to leave (shop) for several hours and pray I could breathe again upon my return. I could. But for $263/night...I absolutely cannot stay there again. The room was small and the decor and the shower was very nice. Loved the large flat screen TV.The bathroom was not clean...layer of dust on the wooden vanity shelf that held the towels. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SPGal
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had to quickly change plans during the height of the vacation season from staying with a crazy family member in Nantucket to finding ANYPLACE in the vicinity for 6 people to stay. Fortunately, we were able to book two rooms at the Holiday Inn in Hyannis. My kids can be a little snobby about hotels and they were delighted to find that this Holiday Inn was extremely nice. Beds and pillows were very high quality, bar area was unexpectedly nice, and the indoor pool had a nice outdoor seating area just beyond it.
Service was friendly. Downside was that it is definitely a taxi ride to get to the Main Street area of Hyannis for dinner and evening entertainment. All the car rental places in Hyannis close by 6 p.m. so if you arrive after that, you have to use taxis. Once we had a car, the location was moderately convenient -- very close to the mall and a pretty quick drive to the main highway that takes you through Cape Cod. Would be a really good location if you are flying in and out of Barnstable airport, which was practically walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: I preferred the room we had that overlooked the courtyard area versus the parking lot.
NY
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and found the staff very friendly and accommodating. Bathrooms have been nicely renovated with glass shower doors and marble countertops. Linens are new/white. Bedding comfortable with newer mattresses. Pool and hot tub area very nice. Has a bar onsite. For the money this is a good choice for a midscale hotel. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
#3 of 22 in Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Holiday Inn Hyannis? Share your experiences!