“excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Barbyann's Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 188 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Cape Cod natives and visitors alike have been enjoying our great local seafood, American fare and daily specials at Barbyann's Restaurant since 1981!
Chesterfield, Virginia
“excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I returned to cape cod after being away for 10 years. I remembered this restaurant in the past and wanted to go back there. Our friends that live there drove and went in a total different direction from where I remembered it. They had moved a few years back so I did not know what to expect out of the new place. It was a nice quiet setting and the food was very good and reasonable priced. The service was good and friendly. Good native dishes as as traditional favorites. Large full sized salads with all meals. I would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Mashpee, Massachusetts
“Ugh!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch/early dinner. Servers were sitting at a table & bar patrons swiveled to gawk at us. Apparently they aren't used to actual customers at 3:00 in the afternoon. The menu items are dated with really no options for a non-carnivore. We forged ahead & ordered nachos as our only choice. The plate came piled high with a mountain of chips & about a pound of cheese. Salsa & sour cream on the side. That's it, just chips & cheese. No tomato, no onion, no beans or olives or jalapeños. We muddled through but were seriously unpressed. The waitress was a sweet older woman. That was the only plus. Too bad -- this used to be a great place.
UPDATE: the feeling of sickness started a few hours after we left and didn't let up until late in the evening. Hubby ate some of the leftovers we brought home and also felt like he'd swallowed lead. Ugh! No thanks.

Califon
“Still on my must visit list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have been going to Barbyann's for at least 18 years now. During each trip to the Cape we go here and I have NEVER been disappointed. Skip the run of the mill appetizers and go for Capt. Merle's Seafood Stew. You can almost stand the spoon in this stuff because there is sooo much seafood in it. A bowel and a salad could be a good meal. The baked stuffed schrod (cod fish) was great. It is a large portion of fish that is stuffed with their home-made seafood stuffing (really good) and topped with Newburg sauce ($18.99). Okay, you get the picture. Give it a try and set your Garmin for 1 Airport Rd to end up on the correct side of the airport runway. If you select 400, you will end up in the Boonies. Enjoy!

Lady Lake, Florida
“Tasty and Casual ~ Not a Tourist Trap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Fair prices and big portions. My favorite is the fish & chips and the clam chowder but everything I (and my family) have ordered here over the past few years has been fresh and tasty. The drinks are a bit overpriced but it doesn't keep us from going. Not a real touristy place ~ more locals here.

Sandwich,Massachusetts
“dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I have been going to Barbyanns for years,however, I feel it has gone down hill in the past few years. Just had dinner there last night. I always loved their Teriyaki chicken and beef combo. I ordered it but they changed the marinade and now I don't like it. The baked potato could have been cooked more too. Service was pretty good except my husband finished his soda and the waitress was nowhere in sight for at least ten minutes to get another. I've always liked their house dressing,it's similar to a honey mustard, but, I was not happy with the lettuce they used, it had to be cut up and it was too leafy for my taste. We always liked the brownie sundae, but again they changed it from what I remember and the brownie was not as gooey and it didn't have nuts and they were very scimpy on the hot fudge, ovbiously trying to cut corners, bad idea. I won't be back any time soon.

• Visited July 2013