“Charming guest house in Hyannis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Dunrobin
“Charming guest house in Hyannis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We lucked into finding this place and I'm so glad we did. Craig and Ginny are perfectly suited for this business. Their BnB is filled with character and perfectly located for visiting Cape Cod. It is a short walk down the street to the ocean. The room we stayed in was comfortable and clean and tidy. The only drawback was that the wi-fi was sporadic but, we were supposed to be on holidays anyway. Breakfast is served between 8 and 9:30 in the area that also serves as the office. With the doors and windows wide open, you can't beat the smell of the ocean and the nice breezes. The two choices for breakfast which change daily are tasty and filling. Endless coffee and juice round out the experience.

Craig loves to talk and he is filled with suggestions for restaurants, day trips, beaches, parking.... everything. We followed his suggestions and, as a result, saw interesting features of Cape Cod that we likely would have missed. Make sure you ask him for ideas of what to do and where to eat. We would definitely love to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Ginny and Craig were both incredible hosts.......very accomodating.....beautiful pool was a nice surprise!! The breakfast was outstanding. Hanging in the hammock out back was very relaxing.....only downside was the shower was extremely small and thin and I am 5.7. Room was kind of musty but very comfortable. THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston,Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Why would anyone stay at a big box motel/hotel when a B&B of the caliber of the Saltwinds exists?

I recently stayed for three nights while attending a conference at the nearby Hyannis Conference Center. Proprietors Craig and Ginny have established a welcoming, home-style B&B. The room (#5) that I stayed in during my visit was colorful, extremely clean, quiet, and met all of my needs for a restful environment. The bathroom and shower were clean and well-provisioned for personal needs. The morning breakfasts were varied, fresh, and very filling.

A plus in staying at this type of B&B is the personal service offered and rendered willingly by the owners. Craig and Ginny are accommodating and want each of their guests to experience the best that the Hyannis area has to offer. Craig pointed me in the right direction with multiple recommendations for restaurants.

My only lament was that I had to leave after three nights and return to the reality of work! Future visits to Cape Cod will definitely include a return visit to Saltwinds and new found friends Craig and Ginny.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SeasideRover
conroybaxter, Manager at Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Craig and I want to thank you for your lovely review. You are a ray of sunshine, I love your sense of humor, very similar to ours. It is always nice when you can joke and laugh then turn around and have an intellectual conversation. We would love to see you back and hopefully your wife can join you next time, we can entertain her while you are busy with work. Until next time, thank you.
Andalusia, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I booked this excellent B & B for our New England vacation July 2014. Ginny & Craig were awesome! Craig gave us wonderful restaurant suggestions (along with coupons) and he also discussed with me my daily routes I ran each morning. I was on a mission to find the Kennedy compound. Craig didn't think I found it so he offered to drive my hubby and I by it on our last day there, come to find out I ran on the property. Oops! Craig took his time to give us some background of other homes in the area on our tour.
The breakfast and service are excellent. The location is very quant and the rooms are cute and very clean. I highly recommend staying here. The friendliness of both Ginny & Craig are worth the stay! If we are ever back in New England we will definitely be back at Saltwinds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dillards
Royalston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My Mom & I spent our summertime vacation together for 3 years at Saltwinds. We were treated like queens. Our breakfasts were 5 & 6 course freshly cooked meals, fresh fruit, coffee, tea's & juices cooked by the owners Craig & Ginny, always fresh, always delicious. Craig drove us to the Ferry & picked us up when we returned from Martha's Vineyard, my Mom had never been. He would drop us off uptown, tell to shop, have fun, call when we wanted to return. The cleanliness of each room & cabin that we stayed in was impeccable. My Mom passed 3 years ago on Memorial Day, I received a call from Craig. My husband & I have the occasion to travel and have stayed in some of the "best" hotel chains, what I say to them is, NOT EVEN CLOSE to what Saltwinds offers just in cleanliness, forget about all of the rest of the kindnesses that we enjoyed for the same, reasonable price. Ginny & Craig, I needed to take the time to write this review for many reasons, but most importantly, my Mom would have wanted me to, and to say thank you for everything, and for me, the memories. Everyone should experience what a truly wonderful vacation at the Cape can be.

Room Tip: Every room is a great room, number one cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Marie L
conroybaxter, Owner at Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Marie, thank you for your kind words. Craig and often think about you both and how much your Mom loved being here and what a ball of fire she was. I have a picture of the two of you on the side of my fridge and I look at it and smile everyday I am cooking. Hopefully we will see you again one day, I know how difficult it is going back somewhere without your loved one, I often feel the same since both my parents have passed. Always in our hearts. Love you Ginny & Craig
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay with our new friends Ginny and Craig. Oh sorry they are the owners of Saltwinds. Everything is wonderful from breakfast to after dinner drinks. The room we stayed in was beautiful (room 7) and the bed very comfortable. Both Ginny & Craig go above and beyond to make sure you have everything you need. Even on a night when I was not very hungry for dinner Ginny went into her own home and made me a plate of cheeses and crackers, (Gluten Free). We will definitely return to see this warm, inviting, friendly and thoughtful couple again. Thank you!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cindik910
Thank you so very much, it was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you both. We are happy you enjoyed your trip and got in some relaxation time. Hopefully we will see you both again in the future. Thanks for making our job that much easier.
Geneva, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family of four just returned from a 10 day stay at Salt Winds B&B, which was recommended to us by a friend. We instantly felt right at home. Our one bedroom apartment was very clean, and came with everything we needed to be comfortable for the vacation. The breakfast was not only delicious, but it gave us a chance to talk with other guests and to talk to Craig and Ginny about our plans for the day. Since this was our first visit to Cape Cod, we were so thankful to have their helpful advice about where to go and what to do. We decided to take a day trip to Nantucket, and Craig was aware of a discounted ferry rate AND he drove us to and from the ferry, which meant we didn't have to deal with finding a pricey parking spot. Also, my two boys (ages 6 and 8) loved the B&B and Craig and Ginny (and their adorable dogs, Bo and Brady). They had lots of fun playing in the pool, and there were chairs, towels, and sand toys for us to bring along to the beach. Finally, Salt Winds is in a GREAT location!!! We were easily able to walk to the very nice Main Street in Hyannis, and Keyes Beach - right down the road. It won't be long before we are back for a visit!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Janet V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn
Cape Cod Ocean Manor
Cape Cod Ocean Manor
#1 of 9 in Hyannis

Been to Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!