“Legit Mexican Food on Cape Cod! ”
Review of Mi pueblo

Mi pueblo
Ranked #55 of 194 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Mexican
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Legit Mexican Food on Cape Cod! ”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Having grown up in Southern California, I have a true love and appreciation for authentic Mexican food. Mi Peublo did not disappoint - the food is the real deal. If you want real Mexican this is the place. Our bill was very reasonable at under $40 for three meals, guacamole (delicious), chips and salsa and Mexican sodas. The restaurant is off Main Street in an alley and is no frills with paper plates and plastic forks, but it wasn't an issue for us. My husband had the Enchiladas Suizas ($9.99) and loved it, but he did say the tomatillo sauce had a kick. I had the Carne Asada ($12.99) which is done well, but both my son and I loved it. My son had tacos ($2.50/each). I would have LOVED a cold Corona or a margarita to go with my meal. In my opinion, the bar license is the only thing missing.

If you think Taco Bell is Mexican food (or the other "Mexican" restaurants on the Cape are good) then Mi Pueblo probably isn't for you, but if you want to experience good Mexican - then definitely go.

1 Thank DLG6395

Lubbock, TX
“A real gem”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We tried Mi Pueblo on the advice of a native Californian. Being from Texas, we're always on the hunt for good mexican food when we are away from home. Since my girlfriend and I are living in Hyannis this summer, we decided to give this place a try for lunch.

As others here have noted, the restaurant does not have much in the way of atmosphere. It's located down an alley off of main street in a nondescript office block. Inside there are only a few booths and tables, a simple counter to order from and a refrigerated cooler with some mexican sodas and horchata. But don't judge a book by it's cover. The food is excellent and the portions are huge. I was a bit turned off by the paper plates and plastic utensils. I'd skip on the chile relleno. Chicken mole enchiladas were excellent. Creama fresca on top of the entrees was a real plus!

If you have a craving for good Mexican food, go down and support this new restaurant!

1 Thank JasonandPatricia
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“First visit”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Read the reviews and decided to give it a try with another couple. We have a lot of Mexican food experience and this one was very good. If you are looking for atmosphere and comfort, skip it. Hard to find location, look behind Embargo's down the alley. Just go for the food. Five tables, paper plates, plastic utensils and no liquor license. My husband's chile rellano was mediocre, cheese was not melted inside. I had pork carnitas and it was excellent. Our friend's flank steak was a little tough and difficult to eat with plastic utensils. The chicken burrito with mole was excellent. Guacamole and chips we fresh and really good. Prices are terrific. Service was good. We would go back to try different dishes.

1 Thank Nancy011351
Little Bealings
“I'm a convert to Mexican food!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

June 7th 2014. OK - let me own up - Mexican food isn't my favourite but I went there because it was my partner's preferred choice and I thought the reviews on Trip Advisor can't be THAT good. As a previous reviewer said, not a very pre-possessing place - off the main street and with only a few tables and no beer or spirits served. But boy, the food was good! The use of the freshest coriander and other herbs & spices was much in evidence. Prices were low compared to somewhere on Main Street (or quite a few other places in Hyannis) and service was friendly. It was also clear that other customers liked the food too and the take-out service was buzzing. I can see why. Best guacamole ever.

1 Thank Gwydion9
Hyannis
“REAL Mexican Food Comes to Cape Cod…..”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

A tiny bare bones kitchen down an alley off Main St in Hyannis that is worth a try. Full selection of Mexican favorites. Only four or five tables. This isn't fancy but the prices are low and the food is fresh and tasty. A nice change from the local Margarita bars that have have nachos, guac and menu items that all have melted jack cheese. No beer or wine, just soft drinks. They opened last August but we just found it. Their take out business appears to be thriving and with good reason.

1 Thank Cape C