“First visit”

Mi pueblo
Ranked #59 of 201 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Read the reviews and decided to give it a try with another couple. We have a lot of Mexican food experience and this one was very good. If you are looking for atmosphere and comfort, skip it. Hard to find location, look behind Embargo's down the alley. Just go for the food. Five tables, paper plates, plastic utensils and no liquor license. My husband's chile rellano was mediocre, cheese was not melted inside. I had pork carnitas and it was excellent. Our friend's flank steak was a little tough and difficult to eat with plastic utensils. The chicken burrito with mole was excellent. Guacamole and chips we fresh and really good. Prices are terrific. Service was good. We would go back to try different dishes.

1  Thank Nancy011351

Reviewed June 8, 2014

June 7th 2014. OK - let me own up - Mexican food isn't my favourite but I went there because it was my partner's preferred choice and I thought the reviews on Trip Advisor can't be THAT good. As a previous reviewer said, not a very pre-possessing place - off the main street and with only a few tables and no beer or spirits served. But boy, the food was good! The use of the freshest coriander and other herbs & spices was much in evidence. Prices were low compared to somewhere on Main Street (or quite a few other places in Hyannis) and service was friendly. It was also clear that other customers liked the food too and the take-out service was buzzing. I can see why. Best guacamole ever.

1  Thank Gwydion9
Reviewed June 4, 2014

A tiny bare bones kitchen down an alley off Main St in Hyannis that is worth a try. Full selection of Mexican favorites. Only four or five tables. This isn't fancy but the prices are low and the food is fresh and tasty. A nice change from the local Margarita bars that have have nachos, guac and menu items that all have melted jack cheese. No beer or wine, just soft drinks. They opened last August but we just found it. Their take out business appears to be thriving and with good reason.

1  Thank Cape C
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I've dined in and taken out from here. It's absolutely fantastic authentic Mexican food at a reasonable price. Portions are large so please only order one per person, unless you want a wonderful lunch for the next day. If you're on your holidays I suggest a 6 pack of Corona and a lime from the liquor store, head back to you're room, put the Mexican channel on Pandora internet radio and then enjoy your feast.

1  Thank Adrian H
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was told about this place from a FOODIE.....she loves it. So I gave it a try with my daughters. We all agree it is soo good. I also went there with my oldest daughter who happened to live in California and she said the food was better than any Mexican Restaurant in California. Don't be frightened with the walk down the alley the young people that work there are so nice. I would highly recommend this to anyone.