“Great Little Breakfast Spot”
Review of Egg & I

Egg & I
Ranked #105 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

First off - this review is not based upon a single visit; we've been eating here every time we visit Hyannis for over 10 years now - in fact back when the place was only half the size it is now. And we have never had a bad breakfast there - ever.

The food is served both warmly (by a great wait staff) and (from a great kitchen). From eggs, to omelets, to pancakes, to waffles it has always been hot and delicious. And the coffee is always fresh and your cup is always full.

And it is right on the sidewalk in the middle of Main Street so it is ideal for people watchers. What's not to love? Good food, good location, and great people - all at a very reasonable price. Try it - can't go wrong!

2  Thank wolff162

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went here for breakfast and the service was great and the food was delicious. The pancakes were huge and I couldn't finish them and that was a short stack. The coffee was steaming hot and had a great flavor. The restaurant was very clean and busy even though it was in the off season. We would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped in The Egg And I for brunch during our trip to Hyannis, and it didn't disappoint. The place is always packed, and they serve the best breakfast in the world. My wife opted for a la carte, getting a bagel, bacon, and strawberries, all of which were delicious; I had a combo which had pancakes, bacon, eggs and home fries that were all cooked to perfection. Don't let other reviews mislead by accident - this place is NOT part of the chain of the same name (at least according to the chains' website). Everyone was super friendly, and food was delivered in record time, except the strawberries and the waitress fetched them with a smile when reminded about them. Good value. The only downer was that I put my glasses case on the table after reading the menu, right into a blob of syrup that the cleaner had missed. But it was kinda tucked away and I can see how it was missed. We'd definitely return here again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The server here was a wonderful young man with a terrific sense of humor- laughed right along with us- I hadn't had any coffee yet- The food was wonderful at a great price. Made sure our cups were full and very attentive.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We've been visiting Main Street on Hyannis every three or four years for more than 20 years and have always made the Egg and I a stop for breakfast as we have always beena ble to walk there from our hotel in town. Our previous visit wasn't memorable and this years visit was a total dissapointment. The food was unremarkable and, regrettably, the service was very poor -- a total lack of attention to or care for the customer. We had to repeat ourseves multiple times when ordering. Then, when the food arrived the order was incorrect or incomplete (including simple things like chocolate milk and apple juice). Our waitress was nowhere to be found throughout the meal and we had to track down a hostess to pay our bill. Even then she disappeared and we had to ask where the bill went just to get out of the place. We used to tell people to be sure to stop at "The Egg and I" on main street but we've seen a slow steady decline over the years and recommend you don't waste your time or money now. It's ashame that a good location is wasted and a fairly simple business like serving a nice breakfast with a good customer experience cannot be achieved here. We won't be visiting again and recommend you find someplace else for breakfast as well.