“Wonderful service!”
Review of Friendly's

Friendly's
Ranked #136 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Reviewed January 4, 2014

After a long day of driving, my niece and I enjoyed a great meal at Friendly's. We were pleasantly surprised with the very attentive waitstaff. We were greeted immediately at the door and promptly seated. Our orders were taken and the food arrived promptly. The food was very good. When we go back to the Cape we will be sure to stop in!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My partner and I were surprised by an almost flat tire as we were doing some errands in Hyannis. We pulled into the Tire Kingdom and were told they could fix it, but it would take 2 hours. It was nearing lunchtime and the only place open to eat that we could walk to was Friendly's. Our last trip to a Friendly's was about 5 years ago, and it was not a good experience. We did not expect anything else during this visit, but our choices were either eat here, go hungry or walk in the December wind and cold across one of the Cape's busiest streets to find another restaurant. We opted for Friendly's.
We were greeted and seated at a bright clean table, first surprise. Our server, Megan was also bright and, well, friendly. We ordered 2 soups, hot and delicious. We had a Buffalo Blue sandwich and a crispy chicken wrap....both good, but the wrap itself was not chewable. That's why they get the Very Good, not Excellent. We had a coffee and a tea, both also hot and good.
They were not too busy, it was early at the lunch hour..but there were a few other diners. A large group of about 10 ladies entered and asked about a 25% discount. We asked Megan about it and she said they had coupons...not sure where they got them, my partner is great coupon hunter but we missed this one.
One criticism: I am tracking my food to get my cholesterol counts and I found that my soup and sandwich was a whopping 1,770 calories according to the Friendly's nutrition chart. I had fruit, no french fries. My partners soup and sandwich totaled !,400 calories. That is almost our complete nutrition for the day! So dinner was very humble.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I always love the food at Friendly's especially burgers... but i don't like seeing just a few employee around when needed and busy, waiting for order almost 30 minutes. When the order is late, then customer sit way too long and others wait by the door for ours and some decides to go across the street for olive garden or others at iyanough road. Bad organisation and management.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We knows Friendly's for years of visiting the USA.
They used to serve good simple home style food, with very tasty ice creams for dessert.
Non of the above we met in this particular restaurant.
An old tired waitress "served" us, going out the restaurant to smoke every 5 minutes. She looked desperate of life.
Cold tomatoes soup,Chicken Quesadilla: Grilled and seasoned chicken breast with melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses between 2 warm tortillas, served with Spanish rice, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, and salsa.tasty. for side I asked for rice pilaf but she brought me fries.
my wife ordered Tuna Roll:-Freshly prepared Albacore tuna salad with crisp lettuce on a grilled roll with hot golden fries.
Nothing much.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped for lunch in between mini-golf and a trip to Sandwich. The place was half empty but a 15 minute wait to be seated should have been our first clue. We were amazed watching the store manager seat people while moving as slowly as humanly possible and still being in motion. The servers were just as bad. Suffice it to say that it took two hours to get and eat mediocre food. By the time we left, about 2/3 of the tables were empty (except for dirty dishes that hadn't been cleared) and there were still five or six groups waiting to be seated. Fortunately, the rest of the day on the Cape was great.