“Delicious food; can't wait to go back!”
Review of Pavilion Indian

Pavilion Indian
Ranked #139 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I visited here on August 3, 2012. We enjoyed two entrees very much: Tandoori Tikka, a chicken dish which came on a sizzling hot iron skillet with lots of vegetables, sort of like a fajita you see at a Mexican place. The menu description for this item mentions yogurt, but I did not notice any of that; no matter.

While that cooled down to eating temperature, we enjoyed some Lamb Kouri. We ordered ours medium hot which was a good choice for us: plenty of heat, enough to bring out the tissues for eyes and noses, but not crazy-spicy so you couldn't eat it. (We had that experience at another Indian place once in Orlando and just couldn't eat it, it was so spicy.) This is just what we had hoped for, served in a nice brown sauce which went well over the generous portion of white, basmati rice they served.

We also ordered a side of garlic flavored "nan" bread, which came to us nice and warm and fresh.

For some reason, the name of this restaurant is reversed in Trip Advisor. On their website, it is listed as "Pavilion Indian"...not the way I'd think of it but they didn't ask me! See: www.pavilionindian.com for menus and more.

We have not been to this restaurant all that often; but with this recent visit, our enthusiasm for it was renewed and we can't wait to return soon!
It's right on Main Street in downtown Hyannis. Not a busy place so no reservations needed. Give it a try for something different!
They offer a lunch buffet for 11.95 and on Sundays another buffet option midday for a fixed price.

There are newer reviews for Pavilion Indian

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Everything I have eaten here has become my favorite food! Beautifully presented, family owned, and gracious service makes you feel like you are somewhere exotic! Great selection of vegetarian and non-veg on huge menu. Breads are divine, and as a bread-baker, I could not replicate their amazing fresh breads at home. GREAT!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Being indian I did not like this place at all. The food was not good. I hope they improve and do better.

3  Thank amitra1
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We are regulars at this terrific family-run Indian restaurant. The food is consistently delicious and the service is ALWAYS terriific. Their breads and currys and vegetraian dishes are especally fabulous and FRESH. They consistently serve great meals and they also have a booming take-out service with hundreds of people even ordering their food to be flown out to the Islands. If you like Indian food - come hungry and enjoy.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

The food is OK, sometime better than at other times, the woman owner has a real attitude and the servers are OK only some of the time. If you have the weekend buffet, they don't even take away the dirty plates, while they stand and chat by the bar among themselves. Too bad, as its the only Indian restaurant on Cape and would be a great place to dine on highly popular Indian dishes.

1  Thank DontStayInOnePlace