“OK food, lousy service, nasty attitude”
Review of Pavilion Indian

Pavilion Indian
Ranked #135 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The food is OK, sometime better than at other times, the woman owner has a real attitude and the servers are OK only some of the time. If you have the weekend buffet, they don't even take away the dirty plates, while they stand and chat by the bar among themselves. Too bad, as its the only Indian restaurant on Cape and would be a great place to dine on highly popular Indian dishes.

1  Thank DontStayInOnePlace

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I say "surprisingly very good" because this little establishment on Main Street in Hyannis did not have very much ambience. In fact, it was a little dingy, IMO. When we arrived early afternoon (before the buffet was set up...it's fine since we were not that hungry for a buffet), the owners(?) or waitstaff were on their cell phones and were not very attentive. The tablecloth was stained and the place was, at that time, empty. But the food was very good. I had the sag paneer (spinach w/cheese) and my daughter had the peas/cheese...both served with rice. No naan accompanied the dishes as it sometimes does at other Indian establishments, but as I stated earlier, we wanted something rather light for lunch. All in all, we were happy we dined there, despite the lackluster service.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

I first came to this restaurant to give it a try. I had tried Indian food before and loved it when I went to Providence. Thankfully, to my surprise, I found this local place a few minutes from where I lived. First experience went well, I sat down, was greeted with kindness and given some of the best food I've ever had.

Generally I get the Chicken Tikka Masala there with Naan bread. It's always so good and filling and the smell is great too. The place is always kept clean and proper whenever I come over. Now that I'm a slight regular, I see them all the time and they always treat me well.

Every time I go there and there are others in the restaurant, I find others being treated the same way as I am and hear little yet good comments about the food. Whether it's people who are just trying out, or people who I've seen before.

I even went to a buffet at one time and the food was excellent with their chicken and curry and an assortment of good food. The desert is a bit too sweet for me, but that's just personal taste on my part.

As for prices, they're a little expensive but I find that it's worth it whenever I go there. I never feel sick when I eat there and the food is always great and filling.

Overall, this place is great and serves excellent food with good service as well. A very warm atmosphere where you're greeted by the authentic smell of Indian food. I will continue to go here for as long as I can as I have done so now for a while.

1  Thank DevinKT
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I had been with my wife to Cape Cod on a vacation and searched for Indian restaurants in Hyannis and found this one, infact this was the only one. We went in and the lady there didn't even bother to smile, the young man asked us to sit and the table was dirty and he cleaned it much later. The buffet had very very few items and we not good at all. I have traveled all over east coast and been to several restaurants and this has to be the worst in terms of food, taste, quality, options, hygiene, service and price. I wanted to make sure I leave a review about this place as I had such a bad experience. The lady and young man welcomed whites and smiled at them but showed no interest when an Indian family walked in. Im not sure how these people are still in business as they are very rude and arrogant.
There are several other restaurants in Hyannis, try and avoid this one!

Cheers,
Vikas

5  Thank VikasKundapura
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We went here one night as I'm vegetarian and they had a good menu for me. Husband is a bit of a fan of indian too. The minute we walked in the door the woman ushered us to a table and when we were ordering she was quite rude even if we asked a simple question about something on the menu. She was very dissmissive. We also witnessed her bereating her staff. The other waiting staff who were young males were very friendly and hard working. She seemed to dominate proceedings though. I have to say the food was excellent but I wouldn't go back as the atmosphere stank.

1  Thank unichick1976