“Tasty meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Cat Tavern

Black Cat Tavern
Ranked #6 of 189 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our casual waterfront restaurant is located right on the docks of Hyannis Harbor across from the Hy-Line ferries. Dine inside, where the look is all about classic seaside style, or outside on our heated patio while watching the boats sail in and out of the harbor. The menu features everything from thick, juicy burgers and garden-fresh salads to fresh native seafood and prime beef. Visit the Black Cat Tavern, year-round favorite among locals and visitors alike. Serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch with entertainment four nights a week in the lounge. Plenty of free parking with valet service offered for your convenience.
Wexford, Ireland
“Tasty meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went to the Black Car raw bar in the Port. There was a good atmosphere in the place . We ordered a beer and glass of wine. I wasn't impressed when my wine arrived in a plastic cup (one of my pet hates). Anyhow the waitress kindly brought me a wine glass. We ordered chowder which was delicious (plastic cutlery !!!). Our main course was the fried seafood platter and a salad which was tasty and large enough for two people. Well done chef. Out total bill came to $70 which was expensive enough .

• Turkish first
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

great service and food! we really liked it there. stopped by several times. close to the port too! will go again!

Visited August 2013
“Get there early.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

A group of us went on a boat ride in the bay and got back around 8pm. Since the Black Cat was just across the street we made reservations before we left for the boat ride. When we got there a little after 8 we were seated right away. We had heard great things about the food. Everybody wanted a 2lb lobster but they were all out. We settled on the 1lb lobster an it was very good. We all had the clam chowder for starters and it was delicious. They have valet parking which is good.
Our only complaint was the waitress. She never told us about the specials and she seldom came back to check on us. The other waiters around us seem to be on their best game. All and all I highly recommend you visit the Black Cat is you go near Hyannis.

1 Thank lettsr1949
Orlando, Florida
“Water view, good food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I went with a girlfriend who lives in nearby Centerville.
We ate outside for the view. We had clams and mussels to start then shared the baked scrod and seafood Fra Diavlo- everything was quite good. It seemed a little expensive- $78 (w 2 Diet Cokes)
I understand the same owner owns about 4 other restaurants in town also and was told this is the best of them.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Lobsters Lovers don't miss this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Wow wow wow. My husband and I had a 2 pound lobster each - one was boiled and one as stuffed with a seafood mousse and then baked. These were the best lobsters we have ever eaten anywhere - they were huge, well cooked and were served by by polite staff.

You get what you pay for in this life and the 2 lobsters with 2 drinks cost $120 but we wanted the best and we were prepared to pay for it.

The restaurant was packed and there was a 30 minute wait for a table but like I said, you get what you pay for.

I would like to give the restaurant a small idea to consider, your food is so great so please improve your lighting so your customers can see what great food they are eating ..... It was too dark in the restaurant.

Next time I visit you from England, I hope you are just as great