“not great but not bad either....”

British Beer Company
Reserve with OpenTable
British Beer Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American, Pizza, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went here this past Saturday for dinner. We were seated quickly and the server was at the table very soon after. We ordered a bottle of wine, all wines are fairly inexpensive and nice variety. I had the beer chili and my friend had the spinach dip. both were good and delicious. For dinner we both had burgers and they were typical burgers and nothing special. The server was great and friendly but the manager with the beard was very rude and walked around with a puss angry face the whole time.... When I asked him for salt since the grinder on my table was empty, he got me one but slammed it on the table and walked away.... sorry but I wont be back because of him.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Years ago the BBC was on it. The last time I went in I sat at the bar for 10 mins and recieved no service. To staff was to busy taking and joking. The bar only had 2 or 3 customers. I walked out and it was not the first time.
There are many more choices now on main st. Explore them !

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on our first day on the Cape; we had a few hours to kill before we could check in to our inn. We wanted something casual, so the BBC fit the bill.

The beer selection is extensive - we were both impressed with the numerous offerings of British and Irish ales. He was very happy to select London Pride (which is not easy to find in the States), while I was thrilled with my Sammy Smith's Raspberry.

We should have, however, ONLY ordered drinks. I tried the Cranberry Stilton Stuffed Chicken - which is described as "finished with a cranberry demi glaze" - this amounted to cold, canned, cranberry sauce piled atop the overcooked chicken breast. He tried the Shepherd's Pie Pasty - the cheddar mashed potatoes served with it were great, but we have had better pasties at the train stations in London.

We walked in knowing the BBC is a Massachusetts based chain, so were not expecting fine dining. We wound up going back once for drinks, so we would recommend the BBC for that. If you are looking for a bit of pseudo Britain and a great pint, you will not be disappointed here.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This restaurant has a pub atmosphere. There are many televisions around. There are private booths, as well as tables and a bar area. The bourbon steak tips are amazing! The cheddar cheese mashed potatoes are fab as well! Great service, mid-range prices, and great beer selection! Will definitely return :)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good lunch. Nice choices of gluten free meals.... that tasted good! A bit pricey for lunch, though. Almost $40 for lunch for three people with 1 soda and 2 waters, no apps or desserts.