“Excellent little Hideaway with great food”
Review of Eclectic Cafe

Eclectic Cafe
Ranked #37 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Eclectic Cafe is a most unusual restaurant. You will discover intimate tables covered with sparkling white tablecloths and adorned with flowers and candles whose flames gently flicker in the summer evening breeze. The tables are spaced discretely and politely apart from one another offering you a private romantic setting under the twilight and stars above. Exploring beyond the patio, you discover the Eclectic Cafe's cozy lounge with its friendly "Cheers" style atmosphere. Upon entering the lounge with its red brick floor and natural wood covered walls, you notice something else that is most unusual. The Eclectic Cafe Bar. Its a spotless restaurant kitchen that adjoins and is wide open to the lounge so that patrons can watch the Chef and his staff stirring up their wonderful culinary magic for the Eclectic Cafe's honored guests. The Eclectic Cafe's attractive and friendly hostess welcomes you and offers you your choice of our sheltered indoor or starlit outdoor patio seating. Arriving at your table, you take your seat and begin to relax and enjoy your favorite beer, wine, or mixed beverage. As you look over the Eclectic Cafe's Menu, it becomes appetizingly clear why we call this the Eclectic Cafe on Cape Cod. The Eclectic Cafe's menu proposes an unequaled choice of imaginative mouth watering appetizers and entrees drawing from the freshest Cape Cod seafood, choicest prime meats, poultry, and vegetables all presented to you like a work of museum quality art. Mere words and pictures cannot possibly do justice to the discriminating tastes and feel of The Eclectic Cafe Restaurant in Hyannis on Cape Cod. You must experience the real thing! Some fine evening, just travel west toward the setting sun on Main Street Hyannis on Cape Cod until you find that mysterious red brick walkway, sheltered by the bright blue canopy that leads you into the amazing adventure known as the Eclectic Zone. PARKING: There is street parking on Main Street. You can also take your first right after Eclectic (Sea Street Ext) (and then first right again (North Street) and then first right into the large municipal parking area. Go straight ahead in the parking lot to the far end and you will be nearly behind Eclectic Cafe. Walk through to alley leading to Main Street. Turn right and you are only steps from Eclectic Cafe's entrance.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went there on a Tuesday night and this was my second visit. Sat outside at a great table tucked away in the corner under the trees. I had the Caprice Salad which was an unusual presentation but very good, I thought the portion was a bit small. For the entree' I had the seared scallops, (4 large), and was very tasty. I thought the vegetable that came with the entree' was a small portion and an unusual presentation. However everything taste wise was very good, plates were cold and hot where appropriate. The server and service was excellent. It's a bit expensive but worth a visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped in here after dinner to have a drink. The restaurant itself is very quaint and beautiful. They also have outdoor seating in a secluded garden, which was lovely. The martini selection is extensive and they all sound good. After deciding on our drinks, which were fantastic, we decided to take them outside and sit in the garden. This place is perfect for a romantic night!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This restaurant has a romantic, fragrant, European-style courtyard that makes for a memorable meal under the stars. Often there is a soft jazz band playing. Make reservations well ahead of time because it books solid in the summer. Food is very good, too!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had read great things about the outdoor seating/atmosphere of this place. Unfortunately when my husband and I went it was chilly and a bit rainy, so we ate inside. Inside was nice and quaint. The outdoor seating did look amazing, the garden/flowers were breathtaking! For a saturday night it was VERY slow, which made us a bit nervous. The food was very good, but we thought overpriced. I had shrimp scampi, very good and my husband had the burger, which he enjoyed, but I think it was about $13! We would go back only to experience the outdoor atmosphere and maybe just get drinks/ appetizers.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our party of four had four delicious dinners! Our server Peter made some great recommendations and we all enjoyed our meal. The live music was delightful and the atmosphere was superb! We will definitely return for another terrific experience at the Eclectic Cafe!

1  Thank Donna W