“We Love this place”
Review of Eclectic Cafe

Eclectic Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Eclectic Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Eclectic Cafe is a most unusual restaurant. You will discover intimate tables covered with sparkling white tablecloths and adorned with flowers and candles whose flames gently flicker in the summer evening breeze. The tables are spaced discretely and politely apart from one another offering you a private romantic setting under the twilight and stars above. Exploring beyond the patio, you discover the Eclectic Cafe's cozy lounge with its friendly "Cheers" style atmosphere. Upon entering the lounge with its red brick floor and natural wood covered walls, you notice something else that is most unusual. The Eclectic Cafe Bar. Its a spotless restaurant kitchen that adjoins and is wide open to the lounge so that patrons can watch the Chef and his staff stirring up their wonderful culinary magic for the Eclectic Cafe's honored guests. The Eclectic Cafe's attractive and friendly hostess welcomes you and offers you your choice of our sheltered indoor or starlit outdoor patio seating. Arriving at your table, you take your seat and begin to relax and enjoy your favorite beer, wine, or mixed beverage. As you look over the Eclectic Cafe's Menu, it becomes appetizingly clear why we call this the Eclectic Cafe on Cape Cod. The Eclectic Cafe's menu proposes an unequaled choice of imaginative mouth watering appetizers and entrees drawing from the freshest Cape Cod seafood, choicest prime meats, poultry, and vegetables all presented to you like a work of museum quality art. Mere words and pictures cannot possibly do justice to the discriminating tastes and feel of The Eclectic Cafe Restaurant in Hyannis on Cape Cod. You must experience the real thing! Some fine evening, just travel west toward the setting sun on Main Street Hyannis on Cape Cod until you find that mysterious red brick walkway, sheltered by the bright blue canopy that leads you into the amazing adventure known as the Eclectic Zone. PARKING: There is street parking on Main Street. You can also take your first right after Eclectic (Sea Street Ext) (and then first right again (North Street) and then first right into the large municipal parking area. Go straight ahead in the parking lot to the far end and you will be nearly behind Eclectic Cafe. Walk through to alley leading to Main Street. Turn right and you are only steps from Eclectic Cafe's entrance.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great food and nice atmosphere. Dine outside at one of the garden tables. Friendly owner Eddie. We have been there 5 times and will continue to go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was contacted by the 'New' owner/manager of this unique restaurant & wanted to clarify that my 'excruciating dining experience' was Last Summer, Not this season. It seems that is not obvious to everyone, so altho I have not returned & neither has anyone else from that night, I will give it another go at some point, I'm sure.
I did state I hoped it was under new ownership/management & I'm very glad to know they are.
From reading the other reviews, they are doing a much better job of everything than the less than desirables who were running it last season.
So, I can't give more than an average, as I don't know that personally, myself, at this typing. I was unable to post sooner, b/c TA does not allow posts for the same place to happen too close together. So I had to wait. I told them I would repost to make it Clear that I was there LAST Season, PRIOR to their taking over. I have to check off a time of visit, but mine is no longer available, so I put this month just so I could post this comment.
My best to them for much success, as the ambience is certainly very unique to any other Main St. Restaurant. May the good reviews keep coming ....

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Love Eclectic for late night drinks in the garden. Makes you feel like you've stumbled into someones back yard. I especially recommend the Blue Cheese Olives in a martini.

3  Thank RebekahCapeCod_Mass
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This restaurant turned out to be a hidden gem. Wonderful outdoor patio - away from the street where most of the cafes are in Hyannis. Food and service were wonderful. My wife and I are both vegetarians and the options were wonderful. Truffle mac and cheese was amazing. Sweet potatoe fritters can't be missed. HIghly recommend this restaurant for a great evening.

1  Thank Israeltrip7
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had not visited the Eclectic Cafe in over a year. It was always good, but this year I quickly learned they have a new chef and a whole new menu. I brought along four friends and everyone loved their meals. I have oysters on the half shell for and appetizer and the Roast Duck with Scallops and Mushrooms and it was one of the tastiest meals I have had in a long time. I am looking for my next visit when I have visitors coming from Sweden after the 4th.