“Great Atmosphere!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome. The food comes fast and tastes great. Staff are so friendly! Can't get a better view if you sit by the windows - especially outside on the decks ;) The live music was a nice touch as well, gave it a fun and casual place to hang out! A little on the pricey side but definitely a must try!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love Baxters. Great food, great staff and great views from the deck. Such a relaxing spot with the freshest of fish, clams, lobsters and chowder... Cannot recommend enough. The back deck is great if you really want to chill out

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Normally, when we go to a town, we'll check tripadvisor for 'where to eat' before we head out. Well, this time, we went blind. As we were out and about all day in Hyannis we didn't have time to go back to the hotel and computer, so, in we went. Well, it is a great 'chippy' (as they are called in the UK) and lives up to the tradition of a chippy! Fish was well cooked. The service staff were amazing and helpful. We ate on the picnic area where kids are allowed, and the table was a bit messy, so I asked to borrow a cloth to wipe it. The staff person said, "That's my job!" and he quickly looked after it. The girl at the point of sale was very helpful when I told her it was my first time there. The bartender also very polite and helpful.
OK... the food was OK, for a chippy. It's what you expect at one. So, ya, I'd go back. I would try something else, like the fried clams, as suggested by the girl. And the chowder... hmmmm. Ya. OK.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Bottom Line: I would not go back. The food was good and reasonably priced, but the staff (except for the kitchen/cooking staff) were very rude. Let me expound-When I entered the restaurant, I greeted a staff member with a smile and asked if t would be possible to get a table for five. He looked me up and down with disdain and said, 'nope' and walked away. For clarity here, I was dressed in a new short sleeve polo, shorts and dock shoes, like 90% of the restaurant. I was ignored by the next staffer, who ecked out an 'I'm busy' before I encountered one of the kitchen workers headed outside on a cigarette break. He recommended I head around to the backside, were you simply order and find your own seating. We did and the food was admittedly pretty good and the atmosphere and view was pleasant. When I approached the bartender to ask for a drink, he completely ignored me. I again ended up relying on a member of the kitchen staff who walked up after I'd been waiting for five minutes. I asked him what I needed to do to get a Shirley Temple for my 6 y.o. He interrupted the bartender and got it for me. When I left, I encountered the helpful staff member from the bar and asked why it seemed like everyone that worked there, save him, was rude. According to him, all the people at the bar were local and I was just another tourist. I hope they don't depend on 'tourist dollars' to keep their business going, or it won't be open for much longer. Don't worry, I won't be back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We wanted a quick Sandwich, split the Hamburger, no flavor,, Husband wanted the Scallops wrapped in bacon.. They were cold and the bacon wasn't cooked ... Pricey lunch...